Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 37 of humorous Deathfic
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
423
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,892

What type of moron puts poison in her coffee?

Summary:

Fandom: NCIS
Genre: Gen
Series/Sequel: Part of my humorous deathfics series
Archive: Beyond Canon, WWOMB, my upcoming humorous deathfics page
Synopsis: The team 'mourns' the loss of a 'beloved' teammate and wonders how the fuck she died.

Work Text:



What type of moron puts poison in her coffee?
by Josette Grover
jgrover@tm.net  or josette_g98@yahoo.com


"Okay, Ducky, give me a cause of death." Gibbs says looking down at the body of Ziva David on the table between the two men. Ducky looks down at the body and makes a clucking sound.

"It was poison Jethro. Abby is running the bloodwork to find out which poison it was as well as how long ago it was administered. Anthony and young McGee returned from examining her apartment, I had them take everything that could have contained poison and drop it off with Abby to be checked."

"Let me know as soon as possible, Ducky." Jethro says, looking down at Ziva again sadly. She had been an annoying little know it all bitch in life, but he hadn't wanted to see her dead.

Abby is standing in the corner of her lab, sipping on a caffpow when Gibbs comes into the room.

"I was just going to call you. It looks like a single dose of poison, I didn't find anything in the stuff the guys brought back from her apartment, but I think I know what happened." Abby says slowly. "Ziva was telling me about her Mossad days, when she used to carry a fast acting poison with her at all times in case she was captured on a case. She said that she kept a sample of it in her desk, right next to the . . . sweetener." She turns and stares at Gibbs.

"And she had just finished a cup of coffee." Gibbs says, pulling out his telephone. "McGee, put Ziva's coffee cup in an evidence bag and bring it down to Abby immediately, along with anything food related from Ziva's desk."

"On it Boss." McGee's voice says from the phone, and ten minutes later he appears with a box in his hands. An evidence bag containing the empty cup is on the top of the box. "Sweet, still some coffee left." she immediately starts running a trace.

"Boss?" McGee asks.

"Abby said that when Ziva was in Mossad, she kept a poison on her in case she was captured. She also said that Ziva kept a sample of it next to the sweetener in her desk."

McGee looks at Gibbs in disbelief. "You think she may have grabbed the poison by mistake and poisoned herself?" He turns to look at Abby as she starts running the sample and turns her attention to checking out the contents of the box.

Gibbs smirks, "That's why I take it black."


end

Series this work belongs to: