Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,109
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
967

Feelings

Summary:

Summary: Jim is going to have to fess up to something.
Acknowledgments: For Margaret. I love the new prompt book.
Prompt: I do *not* hate you.

Work Text:




Feelings
by PattRose
PattRose1@aol.com


Blair Sandburg was trying to figure out what had happened between him and his roommate. Jim was acting like he hated him. He was angry all the time and very short with his new partner.

Blair tried to remember if he had done something horrible at the loft, but nothing was coming to mind. He knew that it wasn't at the station, because he had been doing his new job well and keeping up with all of the paperwork. It had to be something personal.

Sighing, Blair began work on his newest case file and began putting it into the computer. Jim walked over with a cup of coffee, but none for Blair like he used to do. *See, he does hate me.*

Blair got up and got his own cup of coffee and really looked at his partner. Jim looked up at the same time and just glared at Blair. *What in the hell did I do to deserve this treatment. We're going to get this worked out tonight, if it's the last thing we do.*

After they were done at the station, they both left in their separate vehicles and Blair headed home to make a nice dinner. He would try and make things good for Jim and see if his mood improved any.

Blair beat Jim home and he started dinner right away. He knew that Jim loved stir-fry and he had all of the ingredients for it, so stir-fry it was. While he was cooking it in walked Jim and his mood didn't seem much better.

"Don't make anything for me, I'm going out to eat." Jim bellowed.

"Can I talk to you first?" Blair asked.

"I have things to do, Sandburg, I'll talk to you when I get home." Jim grabbed an apple out of the bowl and began to eat it as he headed for the door.

Blair blurted out, "I just wanted to tell you that I'll be moving as soon as I find a place."

Jim glared at Blair again and almost shouted, "What? I'm sure it's something I've done, right? I'm sick of being the blame for everything that goes wrong in your life. Not everything is my fault you know. You bring a lot of your problems on yourself. So move if you want, but don't sound like some martyr." Jim opened up the door to leave.

"What did I do, Jim? Just tell me that much, so I know not to do it to anyone else. I know you hate me, but I don't know why."

Jim shut the door and leaned his head against it. Sighing, he said, "I do *not* hate you."

"You could have fooled me. You don't talk to me anymore, you glare at me all day long, you ignore me in the bullpen but still continue to talk to everyone else and you stopped caring about how bad you're hurting me." Blair was pouring his heart out to Jim and saw the hateful look on Jim's face.

"I do *not* hate you. Don't ever say that I do. That's not the problem." Jim said.

Blair looked like a man on the verge of crying as he asked, "So what is the problem?"

"Chief, I've got something on my mind. Just let me work it out, all right?"

"No, it's not all right. Either talk to me or I'm moving out. I don't need this shit anymore than you do." Blair started back to the stove to stir the food once more.

Jim looked uneasy again and said, "I don't like ultimatums. If you want to move, then move, but I can take as long as I want to think something through."

"You seriously don't hate me?" Blair asked pitifully.

"No, I *don't* hate you."

"Jim, I just don't understand what's wrong. I can't make you happy anymore. You're always mad at me. You have to tell me why."

"I'm not even sure myself, Sandburg, so when I do know for sure, I'll let you know."

Blair shut dinner off and walked into his room and slammed the door shut. Jim could hear him packing his clothing and he knew Blair was very upset. Jim walked over to the stove and turned it back on and started with dinner again. He decided that he would talk to Blair over dinner. He cooked everything, got the rice all done and called Blair out.

"Sandburg, dinner is done."

"Would you please not call me Sandburg here at the loft? That makes things worse in my eyes." Blair pleaded.

"Sorry, Chief. I'm going to tell you something, but you have to promise you won't let it come between us." Jim started to explain.

"Jim, I would never let anything come between us. I promise."

Jim sat there quietly for a few moments and finally said, "I love you."

Blair smiled and answered, "I love you too."

"No, I'm *in* love with you." Jim pointed out.

Blair just stared at Jim and had a big smile on his face. "Then I love you too."

Jim looked into Blair's deep blue eyes and saw nothing but love. Jim had worried so much about what Blair would think that it never occurred to him that Blair would feel the same way that he did. For the first time in weeks, both men smiled at each other.

"So where do we go from here?" Jim asked.

"We date and see how that goes and take it from there. Don't worry so much, Jim. We'll take everything as it comes."

"I really do love you, Chief."

"I know that now. And it makes perfect sense. I wish you would have talked to me weeks ago and we could have taken care of this back then." Blair hoped that the dating could start soon, because he wanted Jim big time.

Jim could almost feel the sexual attraction between the two of them and said, "How about we start the date tonight. We'll watch a movie on the sofa and make out afterwards. Sound good to you?"

"Sounds great to me. Let's finish dinner so we can get to the making out part." Blair took a bite of the stir-fry and smiled with his mouth closed.

"I'm not making any promises, but I think you might get lucky tonight, if you want to." Jim said.

"Do I look like an idiot? I thought not, so we'll both be lucky tonight. Thank you for talking to me, Jim?"

"Your welcome, now eat. I want to get this show on the road."

Both man ate quickly and began their new life.


The end