Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
800
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
4
Hits:
2,192

The Night Before Christmas

Summary:

Fandom: Criminal Minds
Pairing: Hotch/Reid
Rating: FRT - slash
Disclaimer: Not mine, no money made.

Work Text:

 

 

The Night Before Christmas
by Sam-Tony

Jack was down for the count and there were still a couple of hours until midnight on Christmas Eve. Time enough to catch a bit of snuggling on the couch and whatever was left of Scrooged before he had to play Santa and do his best to keep the Assembly Required cursing down to a modest volume. With any luck, Spencer's innate knowledge of tinkering would include how to put Jack's new big boy Big Wheel together.

Padding quietly down the stairs, his sock-feet making no sound on the thick carpeting, Hotch stopped at the entrance to the den, taking a purely selfish moment to watch his lover as Spencer used his height and long arms to his advantage in order to place a small ornament near the top of the tree. Hotch had never much cared for decorating, or which ornament went where, but Spencer had stated firmly that the smaller figures went on the top, the larger on the bottom, and why didn't Hotch go read to Jack so that the toddler would go to sleep and Santa could come. Spencer would finish the tree. The job of Santa would go to both of them once Jack was safely asleep.

Taking a deep breath, Hotch closed his eyes, lulled into the first true peace he had felt in days by the warm, buttery scent of the popcorn they had eaten during the rebroadcast of It's A Wonderful Life, and the subtle pine scent from the Douglas Fir shining in noble, multicolored splendor in his den; the first real tree he had had in years. Apparently, adults could have white lights if they so chose, but all kids needed bright colors.

Smiling at the slight frown on the younger man's face as Spencer silently debated where the last ornament proclaiming 'Our First Christmas' should go, Aaron allowed the smooth, repetitive motion of Spencer shifting a few of the other decorations to make room in the very front to further sooth his mind. That done, Spencer turned back to the box Hotch kept his ornaments in, beginning to pick up the various extra hooks and other debris that always managed to accumulate year after year, no matter how carefully Aaron boxed them.

Having had enough of watching, Aaron crossed the hardwood floor to the tree and gathered Spencer in his arms, laughing softly at the muffled squeak of indignation. Turning him around, he kissed the parted lips, and kept on claiming them in a slow, deliberate possession until Spencer had to pull away for air and a low huff of laughter. Even then, he held the younger man to him; moving them in a slow, side to side sway and simply letting himself enjoy the feel of this man in his arms; the head that lay on his shoulder, the warm breath and idle fingers that brushed the short hairs at the nape of his neck as they danced.

"Jack's asleep. He told me to tell 'Unca Spencer' not to forget to leave the cookies and milk out for Santa."

"Of course not." Spencer nodded in solemn agreement, hazel eyes shining as he added, "And reindeer feed in case Prancer, Dasher, and Rudolph get hungry."

Hotch raised an eyebrow in amusement, asking "Reindeer feed? Do I want to know?"

Pulling out of his arms with an apologetic kiss, Spencer gathered the popcorn bowl and soda cans, throwing over his shoulder as he moved into the kitchen, "Mostly whole oat oatmeal, crushed up trail mix and a little bit of glitter to make it worthy of magical reindeer."

Reaching above the cabinet where he had obviously kept the 'reindeer feed' away from prying eyes and curious hands, Spencer stood on his toes, and the hem of the red t-shirt rose up to reveal a smooth patch of bare belly; Hotch was once again caught by the long lines his lover had been blessed with. Magical snacks safely on the counter, moving behind him, Aaron pressed Spencer into the counter, his fingers teasing that patch of skin under the soft cotton. His voice low and demanding in Spencer's ear, he asked, "And what about me? I've been a good boy this year..."

He could feel Spencer shiver as he nuzzled the smooth skin hidden under his hair; kissing the side of his neck before nipping at the tempting earlobe. "We - we'll have to check he Naughty/Nice List to be sure..."

Turning him around, Hotch chuckled, admitting evilly, "Ok, I lied. I'm pretty sure these thoughts I have of you alone would land me on the Naughty side of that list."

Spencer only laughed, wrapping his arms around his neck as he admitted, "Personally? I've always thought that being Nice was highly overrated."


End