Actions

Work Header

Adjustments

Summary:

DISTRIBUTION: Sure, just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, Kazui Sandollar, FOX and the WB own it or them. I'm just holding Spike, Xander and Oz hostage. You may see them by appointment only.
RATING: PG
SPOILERS: None, unless I miraculously get hired to write for the show.
FEEDBACK: Sorry I'm not home right now I'm walking in the spiderwebs so leave a message and I'll call you back...in other words, I want it.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is yet another part of the Giles Saga. It deals with Gaby's arrival to Sunnydale.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

Adjustments
by Ragna (Obsessive-Compulsive Spike)


The plane landed in Sunnydale's new, larger airport. And as Gaby stepped off the plane, she was a bit nervous.

She saw her bags being taken out of the plane, and she knew her entire life was packed into those boxes and bags. Thank goodness Alex had let her use the jet, or she would have had to leave quite a few of her most prized possessions and wait for them to be shipped.

Stepping down the stairs, she was surprised at the bitter wind that nipped at her neck. She pulled her coat around tighter and walked into the main airport.

She'd expected her family to be there, but the person she saw standing there brought an even bigger smile to her face.

"Xander," she said quietly, running up to him. He looked surprised for only an instant before smiling and pulling her close.

"Gaby, God I missed you," he said as he gripped her in a hug so tight he was afraid he was suffocating her. Loosening his grip a bit, he smiled at her. "How was the flight?"

"Decent. Better than a regular airline, I guess. Not that I've traveled much." They had both changed, since the last time they'd seen each other, when Xander had gone back to Beaufort for spring break to visit Gaby.

Gaby's hair was shorter, skimming her shoulders, and curly now, but still soft. Her eyes had a gleam to them again, and they brightened even more when she smiled. Her slender body was more muscular, and she looked as though she'd managed to get a tan. He looked at her a little longer before bending down to kiss her.

She kissed him back, very carefully, but still lingering, and sweetly. When they pulled back, she got another look at him. His hair was shorter, but it looked good. He looked relaxed, and happy. She loved the way he looked right then, and her knees almost went weak.

"So, how was the graduation ceremony? Alex said you were the first Junior Marshall," he said as he got her bags.

"It was pretty cool. A big sob fest for the seniors, and me too, I guess." She shrugged her shoulders. "But then again, even that beats your graduation."

Xander laughed, and Gaby smiled at that. She had missed the sound of his voice, the sound of his laugh. "I think anything was better than my graduation."

"Yeah," she said, as she wrapped an arm around his waist.

"I missed you. A lot," he said quietly as they got outside.

"You're getting sappy on me?" she asked, mimicking shock. Then she laughed. "Good. I missed you too."

"Well, you have a choice," he said as they got to his car. "Do you want to go straight to your new home, or do you want to bother the researchers for a bit?"

"I want to go bother my family for a bit," she said. "That way, I can spend some time alone with you."

Xander couldn't help it; his huge grin came unbidden. "I like that plan."

***

"I never knew how small Sunnydale was," Gaby said later as Xander helped her unpack her things in her new room.

"Well, it's not much bigger than Beaufort," he replied.

"True. At least you guys have a Starbucks. And a club," she said, pulling some clothes out of a garment bag and hanging them up in her closet.

"Speaking of which, do you want to go? Tonight?"

"Sure! Besides, you still need to give me a tour around here."

Xander smiled. He had waited a very long time, six or so months, to have Gaby in the same town on a permanent basis. "No problem at all. You have G-man's permission?"

Gaby nodded. "He understood I'd want to spend some time with you when I got here. We're spending the weekend catching up, though."

They busied themselves with getting things unpacked and put away, Xander asking questions about different things. Gaby would stop and answer them all, then go back to what she was doing. By the time Giles got home, the room was all set up.

"Gaby? Are you--My word, that was quick," he said upon entering the room. Xander was helping her set up her telescope and almost dropped a breakable attachment.

"Hey," Xander said. "Startling is not good for the nerves."

Giles glanced over at the telescope. "I did not know you enjoyed astronomy," he said to Gaby, who was digging around through her closet.

"Yeah...have been for a long time," she said still digging around.

"Interesting...you have the picture from the homecoming game," Giles said smiling. In the picture was the Scooby Gang, Gaby, James, and a few of her friends from BCHS. She was wearing her crown and smiling.

Giles looked at some of the other pictures, hoping his niece wouldn't mind. There was a few of her cheerleading, and some of various friends. There were even a few of her and Xander, taken over Spring Break, he mused. He looked at the ones by her nightstand next.

There were four pictures. One was of a woman he did not know but assumed was Gaby's mother. Another one was of James and his wife. The third was of him, which greatly surprised him. It wasn't a faculty picture, and instead was taken as he was in the library. He mused that someone else had taken it and sent it to her.

The fourth one was a very beautiful picture of Alex and her fiance, Jacob. They were standing at a place in London, and Big Ben was in the background. Both of them were smiling at the camera, and Alex looked very young.

"She gave that to me, the first time she came to Beaufort. Right after he died," she said quietly. "She didn't want to keep it anymore."

"I see. I hadn't gotten many pictures from her when she was in London. She looked so...so..."

"Young?" Gaby finished. Giles nodded. "She should. She was only 18 when that was taken. Or at least she said she was."

"I was," Alex said as she entered the room. "Sorry for not knocking. I had two things. One, Buffy wants to hang at the Bronze tonight, so I'm going to patrol. And two, here's a room warming present," she said, handing Gaby a package. "It was sitting on my doorstep...I thought you would like it. At least, I hope you do."

Gaby grinned and sat down on her bed, tearing the package open. Inside was an autographed picture of Ewan MacGreggor, as well as a letter from him. "He's a friend...my parents knew him before he was big. In fact, his parents lived near my mom's parents. And I know you're a fan," Alex said.

"Wow," she replied, looking at the picture and reading the letter. "This is cool."

"Gee, Alex. Spoil my present," Xander said, and Alex lightly punched him.

"I did not. I think she'll absolutely love yours."

Gaby was intrigued. "Okay, what are you two talking about?"

"Nothing," Xander and Alex chorused.

"Well," Giles said, "Alex, if you're to patrol, shouldn't you get going?"

"Yeah, my bad. Welcome to Sunnydale, Gaby," she said as she hugged her sister and flew out the door. Then, with a sheepish look on her face, she came back in. "Forgot my keys," she said, picking them up off the bed.

"We better get going, too," Xander said, and Gaby looked at him. "After you get ready, of course." Gaby nodded grabbed the clothes she'd pulled out of her closet, and ran to the bathroom.

"How on earth did you know what that look meant?" Giles asked as he and Xander headed towards the kitchen.

"Simple. I dated Cordy."

***

"It's always boring when I patrol," Alex muttered to herself as she walked through yet another cemetery.

"What was that, love?" Spike said from behind her, causing her to jump a little.

"Don't do that, you jerk," she said, scowling.

"I just don't know why you talk to yourself. It makes you seem even more like a loon than you already are."

"Shut up, Spike."

"Make me, Alex."

"Why?" He sent a punch at her, but she ducked, sending him crashing into a tombstone. "If I can't kill any of your minions, I'll fight you," Alex said cruelly.

Spike responded by kicking her in her bad knee, forcing her on the ground. He tried to kick her other knee, but she quickly stood up and moved, sending a roundhouse to his back.

"Touche," Spike said as he stood up again. He finally decided to try an old rugby tactic and bum rush her. It worked, and both of them went down on the ground. After Alex caught the edge of a tombstone with her ribs.

"Don't move," she said, slowly moving her arm a little. "I almost staked you."

"Good thing you remembered," he said, standing up.

"So...what do we do now?"

"I have no bloody idea. Talk, perhaps?"

Alex's laughter could be heard loud and clear as she shook her head and looked at him.

"What?" Spike asked, offended.

"We're supposed to be enemies. I mean, you and I, at best, we're temporary allies. You want to talk, go talk to Dru."

Spike made a face, then said sarcastically, "But I yearn for your witty banter."

"Shut up, Spike," Alex said, shaking her head. "Can't, anyway."

"What's more important than fighting me?"

"My, you're full of yourself. If you must know, Gaby's here. To stay."

"Activated yet?"

Alex glared a little. "No, so it won't count if you kill her. And there's still a few more in line ahead of her."

"Well, I already got three, killing that little whore, what was her name..."

"Faith."

"Yeah, that's it. So why should I kill your baby sister? You just shove a stake through my heart when I wasn't expecting it."

"Yeah, sure. Then I wouldn't get my favors."

"You patrolling tomorrow, Alex?"

"Probably not. I actually have a life."

"I somehow doubt that you'd be doing anything other than siting in front of a computer, love."

"And that's so bad because..."

"I just don't think you have a life, outside of duty and your job."

"Bite your tongue, Spike."

"If you say, love."

"My, he can be taught. Good boy. Keep it up, and I'll give you a treat," Alex called over her shoulder as she walked away.

"I am not a dog!" he said indignantly as he watched her saunter off. Shaking his head, he headed back to the mansion, glad to have had a witty conversation with someone.

It was a sad time when the best conversations he had all day were with the woman who held a curse over his head.

***

The Bronze was everything she'd hoped it would be: fun, full of energy, and full of people. Gaby showed off the pool skills she'd honed during the teen nights at Masquerades, even winning some money from some of the more stupid among patrons.

And she and Xander attempted to dance, but Gaby was so used to hip-hop, R & B and dance mixes that she felt awkward. And Xander was just horrible, so they decided to stick to slow dances instead.

"I'm glad the bands not playing tonight," Willow said from her seat, holding Oz's hand.

"So am I," he replied. Buffy came back with some drinks, and they accepted them.

"They look happy," Buffy remarked, inclining her head to Xander and Gaby. The door to the Bronze, which they were facing, opened, and Alex walked in, a smile on her face. "Either she killed a lot of vamps, or she just had a close encounter of the Spike kind."

"Hey Alex," Willow said as they approached.

"Hey, girl. And girl. And guy." She said, sitting down in a chair. Handing the stake to Buffy, she yawned. "Long night, lack of witty banter, and my ribs hurt."

"I can understand. What happened?"

"As you so charmingly called it, a close encounter of the Spike kind." Alex shook her head and smiled. "For some reason, I'm in the mood for some different music."

"Like what?" Oz asked.

"Hmmm... Marilyn Manson? I have the song "The Beautiful People" running through my head right now. That might just be because I had my head slammed into the ground, though. I'd love to know how you do this, Buffy."

"Easy. I'm the Slayer. I get the healing abilities and the strength. You're just a mere mortal."

"Haha, Buff. Very funny," Alex leaned back and closed her eyes for a moment. "Have they left each others side yet?"

"Nope," Willow said. "It's almost sickening."

"And look who's talking," Buffy said, glancing at Willow and Oz.

"Hey! I take that as an insult!" Willow said, in mock anger.

"Well, what do you expect. It's been over two months since they saw each other," Oz said calmly.

"True. I swear, Xander has been extremely...extremely..." Buffy started.

"Faithful? Devoted? Un-Xander-like?" Willow supplied.

"I was going to say laid-back, but those fit too."

"Well, all Gaby would talk about in her e-mail was him. It was weird," Alex said.

"Why?" Oz asked.

"I was the same way when I was engaged. All I could talk about was Jacob," Alex said, shaking her head. "But, if she's happy, I'm glad. And our uncle's being unusually...laid back about all this."

"Really?" Buffy said, wondering why Giles never let her have a life.

"No curfew, no nothing. And her car will be here tomorrow; her friend Mike's driving it out here. He's gonna visit for a few days."

Buffy sat up and looked at Alex. "No kidding?"

"No kidding. I thought I'd mentioned it. Maybe you could show him around..."

"Alex, will you patrol for me until he leaves? Please?"

"Why not? It's not like I have a life." Alex got a weird look on her face. "I can't believe I just said that."

"It's not so bad," Willow said.

"No, that's not why. I actually agreed with Spike on something. So, I think I'm going to go home and mope for a bit. Catch y'all tomorrow, and keep an eye on the lovebirds over there."

"Will do," Oz said.

"Hey, Buffy. Earth to Buffy..." Willow said, but Buffy just sat there with a dreamy look on her face. "Oh no. She's in La-La Land."

"Well, then we'll just keep an eye on them," Oz said.

"I love your ideas," Willow said, turning her attention to the pool tables.

"I'm so glad," Oz said, kissing Willow lightly.

***

Friday dawned warm and bright, not muggy and sweaty like Gaby was used to. She couldn't wait, because of two things: her car would be arriving and Xander was going to show her around.

She grabbed a baby tee from her new chest of drawers, and pulled on a pair of shorts under her nightgown before heading into the bathroom for a shower, just beating her uncle.

"I'll be quick; I promise." Giles nodded, and was surprised when, 15 minutes later, Gaby was out and dressed.

"I'm surprised you didn't stay in there forever," Giles said as he met up with her at the breakfast table.

"Never been able to stand long showers. Besides, Mike should be here in twenty minutes, and then I'm picking Xander up so he can show me around."

Giles nodded. "I'll be in the library today, researching. Please try to drop by around five or so."

"No problem." She was about to say more when a car horn honked, and she ran to the door.

There was Mike, stepping out of her blue Thunderbird. "Hey, girl. How's the new home?"

"Decent," she said as she gave Mike a hug.

"Cool. So, here's your wheels. Where are you going today?"

"Have no idea. Xander's going to show me around." Gaby grinned. "Buffy was very happy to hear you were visiting, I might add."

"Was she? Maybe I'll pay her a visit."

***

"And this," Xander said, as he, Buffy, mike and Gaby walked around, "is the Park. Great during the day, stay away at night. Except if you're the Slayer. Or one of her friends."

"What an informative tour," Buffy said drily. Looking at her watch, she frowned. "We have to book it to the library. Coming?"

"No problem," Xander said, and Mike nodded in agreement. They walked back to Gaby's car and Gaby headed towards the library. Inside, Willow, Oz, Alex and Giles were sitting there researching.

"We're here. On time, too, I might add," Gaby said as they walked in.

Giles looked up. "That's good. Alex, it's almost nightfall. Perhaps you should get something to eat before you patrol?"

"Yeah, right," Alex said, grabbing her keys and jacket and heading out the door.

"Surprised she didn't say good-bye," Gaby said.

"Or hello," Mike added.

"Well, that's Alex for you," Buffy said, taking her vacant chair. "So, Giles, what's so bad that you want us all here?"

"Nothing necessarily bad, not really," Willow said in his place.

"Precisely. But with two Slayers in town, and one not being active, I wanted to lay out some ground rules. And Buffy, I want you to train Gaby."

"Cool, Now I'm the trainer instead of the trainee."

"Don't keep that idea for long. You'll continue training as well."

"Damn. And here I was hoping to have a life."

"That's another thing. You can't keep asking Alex to patrol for you. There are things she would like to do. And she also has her business to worry about."

"Yes, Giles," Buffy said. "Anything else?"

"Not much. Gaby, you are to start patrolling with Buffy as soon as you get settled in. As long as Mike is here, however, I suppose you all may take a break. How long are you planning on staying here?"

"A week or so, sir."

Giles nodded. "Very well. Then, for a week, Alex will patrol while you get adjusted to the new situation. However," he continued, "both of you must put in three research hours a day for the next week or so."

"Fine," Buffy and Gaby said.

"Now, you may do what you like. Willow, Oz, you may go as well. And, remember, tomorrow is a full moon." And with that, Giles picked up the book he had been studying and continued to read.

"Exit, stage right," Gaby said as they left the library.

***

"Once again, I'm stuck doing the Slayer's job," Alex mumbled as she walked through the seemingly deserted cemetery.

"Love, your brains are starting to dribble out your ears."

"And good evening to you too, Spike."

"What crawled up your arse and died?"

"While my sister and Buffy are having fun, I'm stuck patrolling. I don't even want to fight you tonight."

Spike looked at her in shock. "You're not serious...are you?"

Alex nodded. "'Fraid so."

"What a state this world is going to," he said, sitting on a tombstone across from the bench Alex was on. "You do realize, love, we'll probably end up talking."

"And that's so bad because...?"

"Never argue with a woman," Spike said, looking down at Alex. "Now, love, that can't be the only reason you're miserable."

"Pairs."

"You mean the fruit?"

"No, pairs as in sets of two."

"Oh. Why do pairs make you upset?"

"Because everyone but me is in one. Xander and Gaby, Willow and Oz, Buffy and Mike. Hell, even my uncle has more dates than I do. And, I mean, you have Dru. So I'm sorta alone."

"Well, is that really so bad?"" Spike asked. "Look at me, love. My Princess is a tad unstable."

"A tad? You really must be blind."

"And not all the pairs are perfect. Oz, he's a werewolf. Gaby and Buffy are both Slayers, and are supposed to have short lives. Maybe being alone is best in some cases."

"Maybe."

***

Unbeknownst to the both of them, someone watched them talk. She frowned at what she was seeing, and left before she heard anymore.

"Miss Edith doesn't like her. Spike won't kill her. But I can."

Dru walked back to the mansion, humming softly to herself. She talked to Miss Edith for a bit, waiting for Spike to return.

And then, she could start on killing the little witch.

***

"Dru? Sweet? I'm back," he called into the nearly empty mansion. He and Alex had stayed at the cemetery for almost two hours, finally getting in a good fight before she had to continue patrolling.

"I'm here, Spike." He followed the sound of her voice until he saw she was lying on her bed, wearing practically nothing. Spike swallowed hard in order to speak.

"Gods below, Princess. You look...stunning," he said.

"Miss Edith said you'd like this."

"She was right," Spike replied, laying down next to her.

"She also says you're wearing too many clothes."

Damn, she got straight to the point, Spike thought as he removed various articles of clothing.

"Will you be mine?" she asked, before Spike kissed her.

"Of course."

"Will you give me anything?"

Spike paused a moment. "What do you want, love?"

"I want that witch dead."

"Which witch?"

"The one you were talking to."

Spike sat up. "You were spying on me?"

"No. It was curiosity. Mum used to say curiosity killed the cat."

"Dru, do you know what you're asking?"

"I want her dead. Then she can't take you away from me."

"What are you talking about?"

"The stars...they say she'll take you away from me. I want her dead."

Spike shook his head. "If I kill Alex, I get a soul. Do you want that?"

"I didn't say you had to kill her. I just said I wanted her dead."

Spike stood up. "I will have nothing to do with it. But I'm not stopping you, either."

"That's good enough. Will you come back here?"

"Of course, sweet. Of course."

***

Spike sat dejectedly alone.

His pet, his one reason for existing, was off to kill Alex. And he hadn't done a damn thing to stop it.

He was already planning on what to do next, because there were three possibilities.

One, Dru really did kill her. If that were to happen, there would be a very brassed off Slayer waiting to avenge her sister. So he'd run, and hide, in the remotest part of the world, possibly with or without Dru. And he'd wait till Gaby, and all the others, were dead, before returning to the human world.

Two, Alex killed Dru, and Spike knew she was capable of doing that. In that instance, he wouldn't lash out at anyone, except himself, and he'd probably join her by either staking himself or waiting for the sunrise. He'd made history, as the only one to kill three Slayers. He could be comfortable.

Three, nothing happened. Either Dru forgot, which he deemed unlikely, or the attempt failed. And that led to a whole new set of options.

All this thinking was making his head ache, and he started to pace. He needed to intervene, or all bloody hell would break loose...

***

"What the hell?" Xander said, looking up.

"'Ello, mate."

"Spike, what do you want?"

Spike had a long drag on his cigarette. "One of your friends is in danger."

"Really?" Xander replied sarcastically.

"Dru's out to kill her, and I can't stop her."

"Kill who?"

"Take a wild stab at it, mate."

"Buffy?"

"Try again."

Finally it dawned on him. "Oh. Well, why are you telling me?"

"You're in love with her sister, twit. Tell her. That way, I can say I never warned her." And with that, Spike walked back into the dark shadows as Xander scrambled into the library, to relay the news.

***

"So...now what?"

Giles looked at his nieces. "Do you still want to patrol, Alex?"

"Why not? I've fought with Dru before...I'm pretty sure of what to expect. I know the spells to ward off evil eye, so I should be okay. Besides, anyone else would stake her...I'll just knock her out, bind her up, and deliver her back to Spike gift wrapped."

Gaby laughed at the mental image. "Well, I'll go with you, to take care of any other demons that may try to impede."

"Sure, sis. That'll be cool." The two girls, though remarkably dissimilar, looked at their worried uncle with the exact same expression.

"We'll be fine," they chorused, and they headed out the door.

Giles shook his head, a small smile on his face. "My, they're quite a bit like their father."

Xander looked up. "So, what are we supposed to do?"

Willow looked at her best friend. "Research, but I bet you're going to try and follow them."

"Nope. I don't think Gaby would appreciate that much. I think I'll stay here and...worry."

Giles looked at Xander. "Mind if I join you?"

***

The two girls walked around the cemetery waiting for the fledglings to rise.

"So...you doing okay?" Alex asked, stake in hand.

"Yeah. Everyone's helping me fit in, so...it's pretty cool."

"Good." The silence overlapped again.

"Hey, Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Why...why do you do this? I mean, patrol for Buffy?"

"I don't know. If you haven't noticed, I don't exactly fit in. I'm older, and I'm a college graduate, and I run my own business. I have a whole set of problems to deal with that they don't. Anyway, when I patrol, I get to take some aggressions out on the vamps."

"That's not the only reason, is it?"

Alex looked at her sister in surprise. "How'd you guess?"

"The fact you said you weren't going to stake Dru. You like Spike, don't you?"

"Define 'like,' sis."

"In your case, it's a friendship."

"Okay, no, I don't like him. But, occasionally, he's interesting to talk to and fun to fight and that's the end of it."

Gaby stifled a smile and continued walking. "Me and Xander, that's another story. He's, like...my other half, I guess. I never feel stupid around him, and I know he feels the same way. Plus, we get along, and...I really like him."

"I can tell."

"So, what are the patrols around here like?"

"Boring, mostly."

"Well, tonight, Miss Edith said it will be different. Hello, witch."

Alex and Gaby turned around. "Hello, Dru."

***

The fight with the other minions Dru had brought along was quick...they were rather stupid, and clumsy at that. A few quick punches and kicks, a stake through the heart, and it was all over. Soon, it was down to Dru, Gaby and Alex.

"So, you want to take my Spike away from me."

Alex looked at her. "No, I don't."

"You lie!" Dru shrieked at her. "The stars said so!"

"No, honestly, I don't. He has you...he's happy."

"No, he's not." Dru walked up to Alex. "He wants to talk to me, like normal people. But Miss Edith says I can't...she says I'm crazy. So he talks to you."

"And that's all we do...that and fight."

"But he doesn't kill you. So I said I would." Dru pulled out a small poniard from behind her.

"He doesn't kill me because he doesn't want a soul. You kill me and I can still curse him."

Dru paused, the thought slowly working it's way through her brain. "You're that powerful?"

"Yeah. Put the poniard down."

Dru started to, then anger flashed in her eyes. "No. If my Spike gets a soul, I'll hurt your friends. I'll kill them all."

"Sure you will, Dru. You kill me, she'll kill you," Alex said, pointing to Gaby.

Dru looked at the two girls, then made a mad dash at Gaby, poniard ready to stab. She didn't get very far before Alex hit her on the back of the head with a fallen tree limb. Gaby looked on in shock. "I thought you said patrols were boring."

"You'll adjust. I promise."

***

True to her word, Alex dumped Dru, bound and unconscious, unceremoniously at Spike's feet.

"Well, now. That was fun."

"Maybe she'll stop now."

"Spike, I highly doubt it."

"True. This is Dru we're talking about here, isn't it?"

"Look, I didn't kill her this time. But she went after my sister. I don't stand for that. Next time, you may get her back in a jar."

"I understand."

"Do you?"

"Do you assume I'm daft?"

"No. Just...explain it to her. I'll stay on guard, though. And I'm not going to patrol for a while. Gaby decided she'd take over for a bit, along with Buffy."

"Oh."

Alex looked at him. "Feel free to catch up with me at the Bronze, though. There's always an empty alley to fight in." Then she walked out the door.

Spike smiled slightly after Alex left, and gingerly picked Dru up and undid the ropes. "Princess? Are you waking up?"

Dru moaned a little, then opened her eyes. "Spike? My head hurts."

"Does it, sweet? Can I make it better?"

"The witch hurt me. Miss Edith says she should still die."

"The witch, as you refer to her as, could have killed you. You went after her sister."

"I wanted blood," Dru said, pouting a little.

"But, ducks, she didn't kill you, and she could have. Why don't you leave her alone? I promise I'll spend more time with you."

"You will?"

Spike nodded, kissing Dru's forehead. "You're my Princess, love. If I promise you something, you will have it. And we can even have long conversations, on anything you want."

"We can?"

"Yes, pet, we can." And when Dru smiled, Spike finally felt at ease. Everything would be fine...for a while, anyway.

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: