Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 5 of The Giles Saga
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
433
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
948

Sins of the Father

Summary:

RATING: PG
PART OF: The Giles Saga
CLASSIFICATION: Xander/Other
SPOILERS: none show wise.
DISTRIBUTION: Sure, just keep my name on it and let me know.
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.angelfire.com/de/hellmouth/myfic.html
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, Kazui Sandollar, FOX and the WB own it or them. I'm just holding Spike, Xander and Oz hostage. You may see them by appointment only.
FEEDBACK: Sorry I'm not home right now I'm walking in the spiderwebs so leave a message and I'll call you back...in other words, I want it. Don't care if it's onlist or not.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Hehehe...a bit early for a father's day fic. But, I'm mad at my dad, and I wanted to vent.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

Sins of the Father
by Ragna (Obsessive-Compulsive Spike)



The grave was bare. The ones on either side had flowers and momentos but his grave was bare. One of his daughters avoided that grave and chose to lay flowers on her mothers.

His other daughter, whom he'd never met, chose to leave the flowers for Father's Day that year.

"Are you sure?" she'd asked, and her half-sister nodded.

"I want nothing to do with him."

And so she stood over the grave, holding the small bouquet. The morning was warm, and she was nervous.

"Gaby? It'll be okay. I...can go, if you want."

She shook her head. "No, stay here, please. I don't know what to do."

"Well, just talk to him, if you want." Xander kissed her cheek lightly and moved off to see the graves of some people he'd known.

Taking a deep breath, Gaby looked down at the flowers.

"So, you're my father. I guess...I don't know anything about you. Or how much you know about me."

She paused and set the flowers on the grave. "Well, let's see. I live with someone. That guy who's here with me is Xander. And I love him a lot. We got back from Ireland not too long ago. Ireland, can you believe it?"

Shaking her head, she started to pace. "Well, your other daughter wants nothing to do with you. So in case you can't see what she's doing, she's in love. Even more so than me. You should see her. Well, I mean..."

"She's so...happy. Blissful, even. So I like being around here now. Actually, I've always liked being around her. Anyway, for once, the Giles' of the world are in love at the same time. It's a tad scary. We actually have smiles on our faces."

Smiling slightly, she looked up. "You don't know anything about my friends, so I won't bother to fill you in. You abandoned me, then you abandoned Alex, which I personally think was a really shitty thing."

"We don't need you. Well, you're dead anyway. Our lives are good, and I felt it was right that you should know. I may never love you. Ever. I may never forgive you. But I am thankful you met my mother and she had me. And I'm thankful you had enough sense to tell her about the rest of your family."

She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned around, looking into Xander's calm eyes. "Hey, I'm ready to go."

He nodded and lead her away from the grave. "Feel better."

She nodded. "Yeah."

 

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: