Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
527
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,266

Crap declared as first class meal

Summary:

You say you love me, I don't care.
'Cause your love won't take me anywhere.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

He was sitting in an comfortable armchair in their living room, though, somehow he didn’t feel comfortable at all.

 

Laughter filled the room and embraced the last rays of the setting sun that filled the room. Soon, they would die out. His four band mates were sitting on the twin couches that furnished the room along with the old brown cupboards that stored long forgotten books, in which words were written that eventually turned into poems or fairytales that would end with ”…and the lived happily ever after.”  The poems of love one of the room’s occupants held dearly, the poems he had discovered were nothing than shallow words.

 

The black haired man was watching, always watching, never participating. Once he thought that this attribute was one of his better characteristics, now he wondered if this actually led to his downfall.

 

Watching their banter, he felt left out. He often felt that nowadays. Maybe he had always done so, but never noticed…

 

“Remember when we’ve gone to that bar two blocks away from the studio and Kyo got so pissed off at our behaviour that he started drinking and…”

 

The last words didn’t register anymore in his brain as he pricked up his ears and lifted his head that one could see his angular features now, his almond eyes rested on one person in particular. “When have you done to that bar?” Most likely his first words this night.

 

Four pairs of identically shaped eyes surveyed him now.

 

The redhead chuckled debonair. “Wednesday, when you were still working on the contracts in the studio and couldn’t leave early.”

 

“I told you then you could come over if it would be possible…”

 

“So?”

 

“You could have come over, you know? Since you wasn’t that far away and all…”

 

Three pairs of eyes still surveyed without really wanting to survey, but darting back and forth between their two guitarists and eventually wanting to be not seen at all, although the ears couldn’t just stop listening…

 

“But, Kao-chan, you know you just would have gotten pissed off and started shouting at me for bothering you and you would have complained about never getting the work done with me around.”

 

´But I want to complain…that means you are there to complain about…´

 

“Yeah…”

 

´I wonder when the time came you took me for granted…´

 

“All right?”  The redhead inquired, his deep brown eyes shining with care.

 

“Of course…” He faked a smile.

 

´Why can’t you just get what I really need?...I know what you need…what makes you happy…´

 

His redheaded life partner again turned to the others, and again, he gazed into the mighty nothingness, not participating.

 

Then, just when he was ready to let himself drift away, he felt something in his pocket vibrating. His mobile. A message. From a friend. >>Wanna go out tonight? Meet you at 9pm usual place! -H.<< And just like that, he, Kaoru, started smiling, because he knew, tonight, he could let go and have fun because some people know about the simple things that make him happy.

 

And with a last twinkle, the sun set, and the bright rays died out.

 

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Desi P.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.