Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
951
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,340

Childhood Joy

Summary:

Fandom: Supernatural
Rating: FRT
Pairing: Sam/Dean, John
Summary: Mary hustles more spirits to give her men a new memory of childhood.
Disclaimer: The characters of Supernatural don't belong to me and I just like to play with them. No profit is being made from this story and no copyright infringement is intended.
A/N1: This series is written from Dean and Sam's experiences as parents. The sequel will be written from John's perspective.
Beta'd by Queen Sereya and Kerensa Evans.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

 

Childhood Joy
by Spikewil



Ficlet #1: Innocence

"Dean, we need to get to Bobby!" Sam stated as he opened the door and stood in the doorway.

"Why is that?" Dean questioned as he stared at Sam's awkward expression on Sam's face.

"Daddy? Can I come in now?" a small boy asked as it peeked from between Sam's knees.

"Sam, who is he?"

"Papa! You're home!" the boy exclaimed and pushed himself through Sam's legs to run to Dean.

"Meet John, our son," Sam said as he watched Dean catch the little boy.

"Son? What happened to Dad?" Dean questioned confused.

"Don't know. Dad went to the bathroom and after 10 minutes I followed and found him like that."

"John, do you remember being in the diner with Sam?"

"Daddy and me were eating and talking about demons and then I needed to go real bad and I hit my head and then Daddy had me in his arms," John explained without taking a breath.

"Just to see how hard you hit your head, John, can you tell me how old you are?" Dean asked his regressed father.

"I'm four years old, Papa," John answered happily while playing with Dean's amulet.

 



Ficlet #2: School boy

Dean watched his father play with his friends at the school they placed him in. Along with other parents, who were also ready to take their children home. He never thought he would be standing here for the same reason.

It has been three months since their father had regressed physically and mentally into a four-year old. They had researching every day, but nothing had been found. Not even Bobby had come up with a solution. Since they found their father in this condition, they had agreed to see the boy as their son.

"Papa," John called out as he noticed his father standing amongst the other grownups. When his father's attention was on him, he stood up and ran towards the exit of the school.

Dean opened his arms and caught his son. As John told his papa all of his stories what had happened at school, a teacher handed out folders of what seemed to be about parent night.

*****

Sam looked up from his books when the front door opened and his son raced towards him.

"Daddy! Look what I made you!" John exclaimed as he handed his drawing to his daddy while Dean showed him the folder.



Ficlet #3: Parent Night

John held onto his fathers' hands as they walked to his school. It was an early evening where he could show his fathers his seat, his friends and what he had created in three months time.

They stepped into the building where John's teacher Mrs. Mullin was waiting.

"Hello John." Mrs. Mullin greeted. "Are you ready to give your fathers the tour?" She laughed softly at the happy nodding.

"Have a pleasant evening." She said to Sam and Dean before turning towards the next child in line.

Sam and Dean walked behind their son and paid careful attention to John's story, as both of them knew John liked to quiz them after, like he always does after a fun day out.

Dean felt at ease as he interlaced his fingers with Sam while standing in front of several drawings.

John pointed out to his and waited for his fathers to address his picture.

"You painted daddy," Dean said as he pointed to the large stick figure.

"And these are you and Papa," Sam said, pointing out his son and Dean.

"And who is this?" Dean asked as he looked at female stick figure with a skirt on.

"That's Missy!"




Ficlet #4: Missy

"Sam, Dean, come on in and bring John with you," Missouri said as she held open the door.

The young men entered Missouri's home. John, not being shy at all, immediately followed her into the kitchen. There, near the kitchen table, sat an orange kitten. The two youngsters looked at each other for a few moments before the kitten jumped onto the giggling boy.

"Listen boys. This is happening for a reason. Your mother and several other spirits have teamed up for a reason they aren't telling me. What you're doing right now is exactly what they want for John. There is no way to turn him back, only the spirits are able. And they will do that, when they think the time is right," Missouri explained John's situation while smiling lovingly at the surprised and slightly shocked faces.

"But the hunting?" Dean stammered.

"Are you missing the hunting?" Missouri questioned.

"Not really. Sam is back into his study and I'm working at a garage for classical cars."

"If you're worried about the demons, you boys are well protected here in Lawrence."

 


Ficlet #5: Movie Night

John was giggling loudly as he watched his cartoon movies while Sam and Dean were cuddled together on the couch enjoying their son's antics.

'Sam?!" Dean called out suddenly while watching small glowing stars surrounded John. They jumped up and quickly made their way towards the boy.

John looked up from his movie before his eyes widened as he slowly regained his old self.

"Sam? Dean?"

"Hey Dad," Sam greeted calmly.

"What happened to me?"

"Mom changed you," Dean answered as a feeling of happiness and loss was felt.

"Mary? Why?"

"We don't know. Do you remember anything from the last six months?"

John closed his eyes as many images and memories stood out with him as a child; from school to Missy. But one thing stood out brightly. "How long have you two been a couple?" John asked and enjoyed the bright blushes.



The sequel Childhood Joy II is being written at the moment.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author spikewil.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.