Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
273
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
950

Futile

Summary:

answer to a challenge: use of the word - futile

Work Text:

Futile

 

"It is futile to escape ~human~" The cylon told the Viper pilot.

Looking the pilot looked to see what his odds were. If they figured out who he was he would be dead in a micron. He needed something to distract the Tin Can so he could slip away into the darkness.

Why he had to crash on the planet. He had no idea why is computer decided to crash on him while doing the long recon flight. Now he was crashed, on an unknown planet to the fleet, he was alone.

With his normal luck; part of the viper blew, filling the sky behind the cylon with a fireball.

They cylon was pushed over by the blast, giving the opportunity for him to move out of sight.

Run. He ran till he could no longer breath.

Settling against a rock he sat down, remembering what the cylon had said. "It was futile to escape." Looking around him in the twilight, he believed him in more ways than one.
All he could do was hope; hope that someone would follow his vapor trail, to rescue him from this unknown place.

Thinking he was safe at the moment, he closed his eyes, hoping his luck stayed with him, he closed his eyes remembering his times in the fleet, among friends, in warm places.

"It is futile to escape," came to him in his dreams. "It was futile to escape reality," he thought.

He woke to find the same twilight above him. He would have to wait and out whit the cylons the best he could.