Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,005
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,786

Six Months

Summary:

Fandom: Chuck/Jake 2.0
Rating: FRT
Pairing: Chuck Bartowski/John Casey, John Casey/Jake Foley, Jake Foley/Kyle Duarte
Portrayed by Zachary Levi/Adam Baldwin, Adam Baldwin/Christopher Gorham, Christopher Gorham/Philip Anthony-Rodriguez
Summary: Ep of second ep, Casey gets a call from his controllers where he learns they want him to "do what he does best" once their computer network is back online. I think John might have other plans for the little store clerk turned computer network <g>
Spoilers: second ep, "Chuck V the Helicopter"
Warning: smarm
Acknowledgments: This story is dedicated to the show first, and to I think it was Stormwolf or Alex who said they were suddenly interested in Adam Baldwin, which made me look at the Chuck pairing I was thinking of writing a little bit differently...and then that hit...I was lost. Its fate
General thanks to all of you folks who are requesting short fics and improvs in the various fandoms. You're keeping the words flowing.
My stories are posted at: http://peja1956.livejournal.com  and http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/search.php?action=recent  

Work Text:

 

 

Six Months
by PEJA


"Six months."

Chuck twisted around to face the man who had invaded his space on silent cat feet. "What?"

"Six months." Casey repeated, a dark glint in his hard eyes.

"O-kaaay," Chuck nodded. "Six months. Six months, what?"

"The company will have their networks back up and running in six months."

Chuck blanched "And they won't need me any longer."

Casey stared deep into the younger man's yes.

"You're gonna kill me in six months."

Chuck's eyes darted around the open park, the desperate urge to run written plainly on his face. "Why," he sighed finally."Are you telling me. aren't you afraid I'll try to escape?"

"Where would you go?"

"Sarah.."

"Will, undoubtedly, be getting the same orders."

"So, in six months I'm a dead man."

A dark smile ghosted over Casey's lips and he brushed the back of one curved hand over Chuck's pallid cheek. "Not," His eyes lifted to a man in the distance, who approached on silent, fleet feet. "Necessarily."

The lanky stranger slipped into Casey's arms and was promptly pulled tight for a hungry kiss.

Chuck shifted on his feet, watching the passionate display with a flash of anger. "Are you going to explain what you're trying to tell me?"

"Jake, this is Chuck Bartowski... the man I was telling you about." Casey dodged the question. "Chuck..."

"Jake Foley," Chuck slipped in, extending his hand to the other man, while glaring at Casey. "Accidently infected with nanos that enhanced his senses, as well as..."

"Yes, well, lets not go into all that." Casey interrupted. "Jake, your shadow's caught up with you."

Jake turned into a pair of sharply dressed arms, smiling with absolute devotion into shadowed, dark eyes. The older man caressed his cheek with the back of his hand, purely possessive before his stormy glance moved to John Casey. "Casey."

"Duarte."

Kyle sneered, his dark eyes flame with something akin to rage. "Still trying to poach my treasures, are you?"

Casey dead-panned back at him, "You never were very good sharing."

For a long heart-beat the two men stared into each others eyes as if waging a silent battle then Kyle Duarte chuckled, extending his hand to Casey. The men exchanged a warm handshake, before Kyle's appraising glance slid over Chuck. "Looks like you found yourself quite an impressive pretty as well, Johnny."

"If he'll have me." Something softened in Casey's face as he turned toward Chuck. "That's still to be determined."

Something in Casey's tone, or maybe it was the warmth of his gaze sent a fission of flame licking over Chuck's groin. "Ah....Can somebody tell me..."

Casey silenced him with a tender testing kiss. Chuck's hands came up between them pressing back against Casey's chest but Casey was a rock of determination and Chuck finally stilled in his arms, raising his arms to curl around Casey's neck and responded in kind.

Groaning deep in his chest, Casey ended the kiss. He traced Chuck's swollen lower lip with a gentle thumb, smiling. "Just listen for once, will you?"

Chuck slanted him a shy grin. "Shutting up now."

"So," Kyle said, grinning widely. "You say you've been ordered to ...end your pretty's involvement in classified information?"

Casey nodded. "In six months."

"If they wait that long," Jake grumbled.

"Exactly." Casey gave one curt nod. "I have something more interesting in mind for the civvie, though."

"So," Kyle asked, wrapping an arm around Jake and tugging him tight against is side. "How can we help?"

Casey cast his glance over the area, cold and dispassionate, then said, "I need information. Something I can use to force them to back off."

Jake grinned, "Can do. Easy. Anything else? Just need the names of the controllers and I can have something set and running in....minutes."

"Anything else?" Kyle asked.

Casey's lips turned up in a dazzling smile. "I think we can take it from there." He met Chuck's wide gaze. "You okay with all this?"

"All this as in the safety net you are setting in motion?" Chuck wanted to know. "Or as in you and me?"

"Both."

"What about Sarah?"

"She's a good cover," Casey tipped Chuck's chin, capturing his eyes. "But only a cover. I don't like to share."

Chuck's arms wrapped tightly around the older man and he rested his head on the strong chest. "Better than okay."


the end

want more Chuck? Maybe another WIP, or a new story, in another fandom? write me back and let me know

Authors End Note: To increase a history of slow and long between postings, I'm taking a new approach to my writing and letting you all set my direction. Simply put, except for the occasional death grip of a stray muse or two or in the case of my wanting to start a new ML (which I'm only doing if I can christen it with a story), I'm taking notes on what you all want and using that to guideline my posts. You have a couple options.
1. request a chapter of a current WIP. Each request will get a new chapter, until the story is complete.
2. request a short fic in a fandom of your choice through a simple challenge or a quick 5-10 word improv.
3. request a short or WIP chapter for a specific ML. I want to post all of the archive lists, so please help me out with ideas
For the short fic/improv requests, please mention the fandom and/or list. You can also ask for specific characters.
I do retain the option to refuse a fandom/challenge I don't feel I can do either through lack of knowledge to the fandom or a the case of too weird (Janey), but if I feel I can accomplish the request with decent results, I'll add it to the pending stories rotation as they come to my attention and do my best.
If you don't get a confirmation from me, I probably missed the challenge request. Post me again.