Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
501
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,061

Intrepid

Summary:

Well, I just went CRAZY with Sully Vann's Fic Challenges (http://ceilink.net/intrepid/) today! Lol! This is the answer to challenge #5- try to use the word intrepid as much as possible in a smallville related fic-one page max. I did it! And i even made it a 'shipper, too! Intrepid
Count: 25 times!!!
Disclaimer: Not mine...
Spoilers: minor Hothead, Cool, and Crush.
'Ship: Chlark...ah, the wonderful Chlark!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 


Intrepid
by Kathryn Kirkland


Intrepid: characterized by resolute fearlessness, fortitude, and endurance


"How is our intrepid reporter?" Clark asked with a grin, walking into the Torch office.

"The intrepid reporter is very tired," Chloe answered, shutting her laptop with a snap.

"Why is the intrepid reporter tired?" Clark asked, leaning one hip on Chloe's desk.

"The intrepid reporter has a name," Chloe said, rubbing her eyes. "And a pretty good one, too."

"What, you don't want to be called intrepid?" Clark asked, a smile playing at his lips.

"Being intrepid is what has gotten me into so much trouble, Clark," Chloe pointed out. "Being intrepid got me nearly barbecued, made into a popsicle, and thrown forty feet into the air. Not to mention countless other ‘accidents' I've gotten myself into."

"Yes, but being intrepid has also gotten you by lines in the Ledger, not to mention an internship at the Planet," Clark added, breaking into a slow smile.

"Being intrepid is going to get me killed one of these days, Clark," Chloe said, shoving her laptop into its case.

"Being intrepid will also help you go far in life," Clark replied, holding the office door open for Chloe.

"You sound like my dad," Chloe said with a laugh, walking into the hallway.

Clark winced. "That wasn't what I was going for. I just wanted you to see the good side of being intrepid."

Chloe laughed. "Why? What does it matter if I'm intrepid or not?"

Clark stopped, humor draining from his face. "Being intrepid is part who you are. It's one of the reasons I like you. It's an admirable trait."

Chloe turned to Clark and narrowed her eyes. "You sound like an infomercial. ‘Become intrepid and wow your friends,'" Chloe said, imitating an announcer's voice.

"All I'm saying is that I admire that in you and wish that I could be a little more intrepid at times," Clark said, moving one step closer to Chloe.

Chloe's breath hitched. "Why would you need to be intrepid?"

"I thought being intrepid might come in handy someday," Clark said, his voice lowering as he moved even closer to Chloe.

"And which day would being intrepid come in handy?" Chloe asked, nibbling her lower lip slightly.

"I thought I'd give being intrepid a try today," Clark said. He was so close to Chloe now that if she moved even the slightest bit she could run into him.

Chloe willed herself to look into Clark's eyes. "What are you going to do that would require you to be intrepid, Clark?" Chloe's voice came out a squeak.

"Something I should have done a long time ago, only I wasn't intrepid enough," Clark replied vaguely.

"Maybe you *should* try and be more intrepid," Chloe said, her voice coming out a whisper.

"I'm going to be intrepid right now," Clark said, closing the distance between his lips and Chloe's. As they deepened the kiss they were both thinking the same thing: Maybe being intrepid isn't so bad!

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Kathryn Kirkland.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.