Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
300
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,450

Bug Collection

Summary:

Characters: Don, Charlie
Rating: G, FRC
Summary: Charlie helps Don with his homework.
Disclaimer: Not my characters, not my world, making no money.
Feedback: Feed the author!
A/N: Thanks to my betas.
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SlashByTheNumb3rs_2

Work Text:

 

 

Bug Collection
by Irena Adler

"I've got enough!" 14-year-old Don snapped at his little brother.

"But," Charlie protested, continuing to shove his cupped hands towards Don. "You don't have any Chrys-opee-day family, I checked!"

Don sighed and went to get another bug jar. He should have known better than to ask the little brat to help him on his bug collection. Charlie had scoured the neighborhood and come up with more creepy-crawlies than Don had imagined. That meant that Don had to write up a paragraph on every single bug. Yeah, he was gonna get an A+ on the assignment, but it had been way too much work.

Don brought back a jar and held it out for Charlie to put his bug in. Charlie quickly dropped something with white wings in the jar and Don clapped the lid on top. Don held up the jar and squinted at it.

"It's a chrys-oper-luh ruf-ilabriss," Charlie said triumphantly. "A green lacewing."

"I can tell that," Don responded, but set aside the jar so he could scribble down the name. Now he could just copy what it said about `lacewing' in the encyclopedia instead of looking through his creepy bug book. "But no more bugs! It's due tomorrow."

"Okay ..." Charlie said, looking crestfallen. He'd obviously enjoyed working on this bug collection a lot more than Don had.

"Now, get out of my room," Don said absently as he poked holes in the jar lid.

Charlie turned to go, his little shoulders slumping.

"Hey Chuck," Don said. Before Charlie could complain about the nickname, Don continued, "How about after school tomorrow, you and me see what class of bug the Koi like the best?"

"Okay!" Charlie grinned then raced out of the room.

Don smiled to himself. Charlie was a weird kid, but he had his moments.

 

irena_adler@hotmail.com