Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,351
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,131

Stay

Summary:

What is a Death God to do when the only person he's ever loved, is the one that hurts him the most?

Work Text:

Okay just to start out yes I know this is not an X-Men story, but in my defense I heard this song and I thought of this couple and I just had to write it. Once again so sorry. I’m also sorry that my spelling and grammar must suck big time, but considering my grade in English I’m actually pretty good. Now, to start off I don’t own the song “Stay”, that right goes to the group Sugarland. Nor do I own the characters, though really I would love to because I think this couple so belongs together. Now my fine fan fiction readers on with the fic.

 

Duo was sitting on the couch in the living room of his and Heeros apartment when he heard the phone ring; he glanced at the clock on the wall and frowned slightly. He knew who it was on the other end of the phone line, how could he not, they were the reason the first happiness he’d ever known was so fleeting. 

 

*I've been sittin' here stairin' at the clock on the wall
And I've been layin' here prayin'
Prayin' she won't call
It's just another call from home and you'll get it and be gone and I'll be cryin'*


He knew in all fairness it wasn’t really her fault, she loved Heero as much as he did, and she found it hard to live without him in her life. No the person he blamed was Heero, after all he should tell them which one of them he loved, which one held his heart and which one should go.


*And I'll be beggin' you baby
Beg you not to leave
But I'll be left here waitin'
My Heart on my sleeve
Oh for the next time we'll be here seems like a million years and I think I'm dyin'
What do I have to do to make you see
She can't love you like me*

He heard Heero hang up the phone and braced himself for the words he knew were coming, “Duo I have to go, I’ll see you in a few days” he didn’t even bother turning around a simply nodded his head. He waited until he heard the door close before closing his eyes and leaning his head against the back of the couch, fighting the burning behind his eyes.


*Why don't you stay
I'm down on my knees
I'm so tired of bein' lonely
Don't I give you what you need
When she calls you to go
There is one thing you should know
We don't have to live this way
Baby, why don't you stay*

When the burning behind his eyes lessened he got up from the couch and made his way into the bedroom, in the hall he passed a mirror that hung on the wall, and looked at himself. His hair was still in long chestnut braid he’d keep it in when he was a gundam pilot, his body was still the same, but his eyes were different, he still couldn’t place how, but they were.


*You keep tellin' me baby
There will come a time
When you will leave her arms
And forever be in mine
But I don't think that's the truth
And I don't like bein' used and I'm tired of waitin'
It's too much pain to have to bare
To love a man you have to share*

Making his way into the bedroom he allowed his eyes to roam about the room, taking in everything in sight, he let his gaze rest on a picture sitting innocently on the nightstand. He walked over to the picture and picked it up, and saw himself and Heero, Heero was sitting on a chair in the kitchen and Duo was behind him, his arms wrapped around Heeros neck from behind. Duo took it all in the look of happiness on his face and the look of vastness on Heeros, and he started to feel something he’d never felt before, when he’d looked at this picture, anger.


*Why don't you stay
I'm down on my knees
I'm so tired of bein' lonely
Don't I give you what you need
When she calls you to go
There is one thing you should know
We don't have to live this way
Baby, why don't you stay*

Though he tried to rein it in at first, Duo knew he wouldn’t be able to hold it for long so with a scream of pure rage he hurled the picture across the room and watched with pleasure as it slammed into the wall breaking the frame and the glass inside. Unable to help himself he then went on a spree around the apartment picking up things and throwing them this way and that, and in an hour his anger was gone and he stood breathing hard, shudders shaking his frame and looking around at the destruction around him, and then he gave into something he hadn’t given into in a long time, he cried.


*I can't take it any longer but my will is gettin' stronger
And I think I know just what I have to do
I can't waste another minute
After all that I've put in it
I've given you my best
Why does she get the best of you

So next time you find you wanna leave her bed for mine*

Running into the bedroom he threw open the closet and grabbed his duffle bag and started to jab his clothes into it, he knew Heero would be home in a few days and he wanted to be long gone by the time that his lover got back, long gone with no way to be traced. He refused to stay another minute, he refused to stay and wait for a man, who obviously wasn’t worth waiting for, a man who didn’t think he was worth staying for.


*Why don't you stay
I'm up off my knees
I'm so tired of bein' lonely
You can't give me what I need
When she begs you not to go
There is one thing you should know
I don't have to live this way*

When he was done he looked around the room one last time before going into the living room and looking around until he’d found a pen and a sheet of paper, writing a simple note he quickly found an envelope and placed it inside before writing Heeros name on it and taping it to the door. Stepping outside he hailed a cab and told the driver to go to the airport, once there he called Lady Une and told her he quit, than he called Quatre and told him what had happened and that he needed help, he was on the first flight out.


*Baby why don't you stay*
 

When Heero arrived back a few days later, all he found was a destroyed apartment and a note taped to the door, telling him that Duo had left him and why, and he left to wonder why he felt his heart shatter a break in his chest.

 

I know, I’m the worst person ever, I really do love Heero/Duo and I can’t imagine them with anyone else………….Well unless it’s like a threesome thing, them and someone thrown in, because really that would be kinda hot, and it’s not that I hate Relena I don’t, she’s not my favorite girl on the show, that honor I’m sorry goes to Trowas sister Catherine. But I don’t hate her, she’s okay and in the right story can actually be a great character, however I had to use her, because when I heard this song I thought of Heero and Duo and how Heeros big brother complex can be taken wrong and what Duo would feel if he thought Heero were actually sleeping with her. So yeah I had to I’m sorry, please when you kill me, do it fast because I really am truly sorry. Bye.