Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
415
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,121

Ficlet: Hysteria

Summary:

answer to one word challenge at SexyOldMenslash using "hysteria"

Work Text:

Sergeant O’Rourke sat on his bunk, with his back against the wall. He took advantage of the quiet in not having Agarn around to read the newspaper.

Suddenly, Agarn’s piercing voice shattered the tranquility. It came from just outside. “I’m warning you, Dobbs!”

O’Rourke let out a soft sigh and silently wished that Dobbs would stop needling Agarn. It only made Agarn louder. “Here comes the tornado,” he muttered.

“Back off before I shove that bugle down your throat!” Agarn yelled, opened the door, and stomped inside. He slammed it. He put his hands on his hips and glared at the wood.

O’Rourke didn’t bother putting the newspaper down. He didn’t say a word. He just waited for the inevitable rant.

Agarn shook his finger at the door. “One of these days, Dobbs.” He kicked at the floor and stalked over to the bunks. He took his hat off and tossed it on his footlocker. He rubbed the back of his neck and chewed on his bottom lip. “We got troubles, Sarge.”

“Don’t worry. I told you I’ll take care of it,” O’Rourke replied placidly.

Agarn’s eyes got wide. He waved his arms. “How?” he demanded. “You’ve gotten us out of some tough spots before, but if Major Duncan finds out--”

“He won’t,” O’Rourke interrupted, still not looking at Agarn.

Agarn paced at the foot of their bunks. “How?” he demanded again.

“I told you. I’ve got it all worked out with Wild Eagle.”

Agarn started jumping up and down. “Got what worked out?”

O’Rourke made a show of turning the page. “You don’t need to know yet. Just go along with me on this.”

“Sarge,” Agarn whined.

O’Rourke finally put the paper down to see Agarn’s red face. “Look. We both know how you get around Major Duncan. He makes you so nervous, you can’t keep your trap shut.”

“I know. It’s just…” Agarn’s voice trailed off. He walked over to the wall between the bunks and hit his forehead against it.

O’Rourke smiled ruefully and stood up. He took Agarn by the shoulders to stop him. Then he turned Agarn to face him. “Trust me. Have I ever lead you astray?”

Agarn frowned. “Yes.”

O’Rourke cupped Agarn’s face in his heads, leaned in, and kissed him tenderly. He rested his forehead against Agarn’s. “You gonna be okay?”

Agarn’s eyes were still closed. “Yeah, I’m okay. And I do trust you.”

O’Rourke kissed Agarn one more time and then pulled away. He nudged Agarn. “Come on, let’s go.”

Agarn grabbed his hat and jammed it on his head. He grinned. “Right behind ya, Sarge.”