Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
638
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
991

Ficlet: Scent

Summary:

The Wolfman finds Chick the night of the Halloween party.

Work Text:

The wolfman easily avoided the mob in its hunt for the vampire. The stench of their fear and anger and the sound of their stomping gave it more than ample time to slip away from them. They weren’t dangerous as individuals (weak and cowardly), but as a mob, they were formidable.

It followed Dracula’s aura to the water’s edge. It restlessly paced, sniffing the air and watching. It growled low under its breath.

Dracula had been there not too long ago. However he was gone across the water. The wolf couldn’t follow.

Its prey was gone and the wolf howled at the moon in frustration. Suddenly, it felt another presence. Another heartbeat. The scents of fear, sweat, and blood.

The wolf turned and ran back along the far edge of the river. It stopped a few feet from the man lying in the grass. The man wasn’t dead, but unconscious, and it sensed Dracula’s power behind it.

The wolf’s human form, Larry Talbot, would recognize the man was Chick Young. But the wolf was only interested in blood. It bared its teeth and stepped closer.

Its body tensed with the bloodlust. Its fur stood on end. The hunger mounted in its stomach. It growled again.

Slowly and carefully, it sniffed along Chick’s body from his feet to his neck. It inhaled deeply and licked his throat. It felt the vibrations from his heartbeat on its tongue.

It was still, breathing in Chick’s scent. Its heart slowed from its frantic pace to beat in time with Chick’s. It bit down gently, just hard enough to leave a mark, but not to draw blood.

The scent was overpowering and addictive now and drowned out the call to spill Chick’s blood. The wolf sat back on its haunches and watched. It titled its head to the side. It was confused. It had never refused the call of the blood before.

Its ears perked up at the sound of the mob nearby. It snarled and wanted to rip them apart for daring to come near it or….It looked at Chick again and a new protective instinct took over.

Quickly, It dragged Chick into a thick clump of bushes. It licked the side of his neck again. Then it took off to lead the mob away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry was a bit disoriented when he woke up but the usual headache the morning after a transformation was gone. He didn’t open his eyes. There was a strong, pleasant smell of musk and something unique that he couldn’t quite identify. He was also pressed against something warm.

He flexed his fingers and felt cotton under his fingertips. He pressed his palm flat and felt a heartbeat.

His cock was half hard and swallowed a wave of panic. //Where am I? What have I done?//

He was paralyzed, torn between rubbing himself frantically against the warm mass and running away. He took a couple of deep breaths and blinked his eyes open slowly. Few rays of sunlight filtered through the tangled bushes but he had no trouble recognizing Chick. His body was wrapped around Chick’s.

He didn’t move, so as not to wake Chick. He chewed on his bottom lip. The last thing he remembered was going to the Halloween party and trying to rescue Joan from Dracula.

“There was a full moon last night,” he muttered. He looked down at Chick. “Why didn’t I kill you?”

Then Larry’s eyes got wide. Involuntarily, his grip around Chick tightened. His voice came out as a ragged whisper. “There’s only one reason why the wolf wouldn’t attack you. It can’t hurt its mate.”

Larry started shaking. “That can’t be right.” He licked his lips. He noticed the mark of possession on Chick’s neck. “But it’s the only explanation.”

“Over here!”

Larry’s head shot up. “The mob.”

Without thinking, Larry kissed Chick’s forehead and eased away. His one thought was to lead them away. He couldn’t let them harm his mate.