Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
472
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
852

One Chance

Summary:

Category: Gen
Written: August 23, 2007
Summary: Ronan gave him one chance.
Spoiler: Common Ground
Warnings: None
Archive: Yes, but please let me know where
A/N: I want to acknowledge and urge everyone to read "Acidimia by Team Angst" over on McShep_Match. It's a wonderful angsty story and this would probably not have popped into my mind if I hadn't read it. Betaed by Cym

Work Text:

 

One Chance
by Telcontar
Telcontar09@q.com



Ronon watched as Kolya came out of the stun. Actually the second stun. It had taken longer than he had planned to accomplish everything that needed doing. Fortunately, Ronon had no problem thinking on his feet.

Kolya groaned, put a hand to his head and then tried to feel the wound on his back. Ronon knew that ache and shifted his feet making just enough of a noise to cause Kolya to find him in the dark. Ronon was sitting on a rock near the cave enterance , carefully with his back against the wall.

"I have a commander I respect as well as like. You fed him to a Wraith. . . He survived. I'll give you a better chance than you gave him."

Kolya groaned again and Ronon knew part of it was faked, but he had dumped the man twice on hard ground as well as the stuns. "Been stunned twice. It'll wear off. Your knife is here," he gestured toward the cave floor beside him. "Your gun is outside."

He raised his head to listen as he heard the whine of a Wraith dart as it exited the Stargate.

"You've got two choices. Run or die. Pick one."

"How?"

Ronon grinned. It was a feral grin. "Seems my old transmitter still works, just had to get it out of the lab and figure out how to turn it back on."

It had taken a bit more than that. When he'd asked McKay where the transmitter was, McKay had stared at him for a moment before asking, "You have plans for someone?" All he had need to do was grasp McKay's arm where Kolya had cut him and McKay had nodded then left. He'd gotten the repaired transmitter with directions for turning activating by the end of the day.

Kolya glared at him, as he realized what Ronon had done to him.

Ronon matched him glare for glare. "Leave Sheppard alone. Leave Atlantis alone. Or next time, I'll kill you myself."

He rose from the rock and walked out knowing Kolya could feel the ache where the transmitter was lodged in his back. He knew, even as he started to run himself to get away from the area the Wraith would be searching that Kolya would be grabbing the knife and gun as quickly as he could.

He'd probably survive. He was mean enough, he wouldn't care who he put in danger to get the transmitter removed.

Ronon grinned. Elizabeth didn't want them to kill, but if he'd found Kolya on the planet with Sheppard, he'd have killed him. This she didn't know about so she couldn't stop it.

Kolya'd have to get away from these Wraith first. There was always a chance he'd died right away.

This time Kolya got a chance. But only one.


END
Telcontar09@q.com