Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2007-11-04
Words:
1,619
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,337

On The Run

Summary:

After Michael learns a certain truth, he and Jamie hide from the Thorn cult.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

It takes place during Halloween 6. It's been awhile since I've seen this installment and therefore don't remember a lot about it. I know Danielle didn't play Jamie in this one but in my head it's her. There's only a mention of canon incest otherwise it's platonic. I'm not sure if I'm gonna leave it as a oneshot or make it a multi-chaptered fic but I'd love to know if you think I should continue with it or just leave it the way it is. It's unbetaed so all mistakes are mine. Feedback is love. I know some events happen differently but it works better this way.

Chapter Text

Michael chased Jamie into a barn on the outskirts of town. She tripped on a fallen pitchfork, crawling back into a pile of hay. She looked up, tears in her eyes, as Michael picked up the pitchfork and raised it, ready to kill. "Michael please don't." Jamie pleaded but to no avail. "What about the baby?" Jamie tried again.

Michael turned his head as if contemplating what he'd just heard. He dropped the pitchfork, letting it fall to the ground. Jamie, hoping she was reading him right, slowly stood up. She reached out her hand to him, "Come on, let's get out of here." Jamie said, a little surprised when he took her hand.

They walked back into town. She looked up at him. "You know we can't go back, right?" She asked. Michael stopped and stared at her. "They wanted you to kill me and you didn't. I know what they'll do to me if I go back and I don't even wanna think about what they'll do to you. I can't go back there, I just can't Michael." Jamie continued.

Michael nodded. He knew that he had to protect her now, her and the baby.

"I know a place we can stay until I figure something else out." Jamie said.

Jamie walked up the steps to the church and opened the big wooden doors. She stopped when she realized Michael wasn't behind her. She turned to see him just standing there on the front step. "Come on. It's ok. We'll be safe here. I promise." Jamie said trying to reassure him. She didn't know why he seemed so hesitant. It wasn't like he would burst into flames for stepping foot inside a church. Jamie thought. The thought itself was ridulicous. It's not like he's a vampire, just a misguided human being. Besides that stuff only happens in the movies. Once Michael followed her in her thoughts ceased.

Once inside the church the two walked down the aisle of pews in the chapel. Michael sat down in one of them. "I'll be right back." Jamie said. She turned to leave to find the priest but realized Michael hadn't let go of her hand. Turning back around, "I'll be ok. I'm just going to find the priest. I'll be fine. I promise." Jamie reassured him. She kind of liked this newfound protectiveness Michael had over her. Once he let go she wondered off to find the priest's office.

Jamie saw light coming from underneath the door. Good he's here. She thought, knocking on the door. "Come in." Father Jim said, looking up from his desk to see Jamie Lloyd walk in. "Oh Jamie. What is it that brings you here tonight?" He asked.

"I need a place to stay for awhile. My friend and I are hiding from some people." Jamie explained.

"Well yes. You and your friend can stay as long as you need. And my office is always opened if you need to talk." Father Jim said. "Let me show you to the room." He said standing up and walking down the hall.

Jamie knew they'd be safe here. This would be the last place they'd look for Michael and she knew that they would just assume she was dead until they learned otherwise.

"Here." Father Jim said, opening the door to the one bedroom they had available. It was actually the room he used when he worked late. "I'll be in my office if you need anything." He said letting Jamie enter the room.

The room was small with only one bed but it had a small bathroom. It would do until she could figure something else out. "Thank you." Jamie said as she passed the priest. She watched him leave. She waited until she saw him enter his office, then left to find Michael.

Jamie found him still sitting in the same pew she'd left him in. She took his hand again, "Come on." Michael followed her. Once in the room she climbed on the bed, yawning. It was late and she was tired. She curled up on her side; Michael lay on top of the covers next to her, his arms around her holding her protectively. Jamie knew that she was safe now and that he wouldn't let anyone hurt her again. She felt content with that knowledge, letting herself fall asleep.