Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
305
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
952

This Can't be Happening

Summary:

Starsky's POV on Gillian,

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

This Can’t be Happening


I had Huggy do a check on Gillian’s background earlier in the week, right after I spotted her by accident at Al Grossman’s place; she was in a back room with another man. And, well, let’s just say she wasn’t playing patty-cake.

I knew it would devastate Hutch, so I took it apon myself to try and sort the whole mess out before she hurt him too much. I cleared out my checking account and took an envelope with all the money I had over to Gillian’s apartment.

I’m ashamed to admit I was hoping to buy off the girl Hutch was in love with, telling her to get out of town.  I gave her an ultimatum: tell Hutch that night what you really do for a living, or I would the following morning.

The ironic thing is Hutch still ended up getting hurt. If I hadn’t interfered, maybe I wouldn’t be sitting here trying to think of a way to comfort him.

We arrested Grossman and his mother . . . Now that’s weird, a villain working with his mother. His mother. I’ll never get over that one.

Anyway, I brought Hutch home after because he was no good at the precinct, sitting at our desk and staring at the wall. So here we are at his apartment, and he’s already on the fifth can of beer.

I’m not far behind him. I need his forgiveness for my part in her untimely death. I know he wants blame me, but that’s okay. It wouldn’t be as bad as this pain I’m carrying around.

He’s heading for the bathroom now. He looks a bit green. I better help him. It’s the least I can do for my best friend.

I never thought things would turn out this way

Looks like a long night ahead.

 

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Davids Kaz.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.