Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
534
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,386

Figure You Out

Summary:

Summary: Trance is really good at avoiding personal questions
Fandom: Andromeda
Pairing: Beka/Trance
Rating: PG
Timeline: Mid-season 3
A/N: This is what you get when you watch the same episode over the course of oh, about a week or so, trying to transcribe the damn thing because there aren't almost any Andromeda transcripts out there. Just one site with maybe 1/3 of the show. I'm hoping it'll maybe give me a little more insight into the characterization, though.
Beta: The pretty purple pixie in side my head? ...No, wait, I'm the pixie. I guess it hasn't been. Oops.
Disclaimer: Not mine. I play with other people's toys.
Submitted through Makebelieve_YG

Work Text:

 

Figure You Out
by Pixie Child
glitery_insane_pixie_child@yahoo.ca

 

Beka shifted, lying against the large satin pillow on the floor and sighed as Trance played with the tiny parasol in her drink. She's never understood her friend's fascination with the little paper ordainments but there's so much about Trance Gemini that she doesn't understand that it adds to the enigma.

"I don't know who's idea this was but you're both geniuses." Even with her eyes closed, she could tell Trance was smiling. It had been too long since they had a girls' night. It was just too bad Rommie felt that she had to monitor the Andromeda's repairs personally, otherwise it would have been perfect. "Do they have these where you're from?"

"Beka, where I'm from we were all that was left and we were fighting for our lives." The captain of the salvage ship winced as she unintentionally recalled her future self and the way Trance described it when she'd been possessed, how she'd become more machine then human, looking like one of Harper's botched projects. Not the type of thing anyone would remember fondly. With her eyes still closed, she listened for the sound of her leaving, like one of her side-arms clashing against a chair or wall when she stood up, but it never came.

"I meant on your home world. Did you have girl talk and hang out in day-glow rooms, drinking pink alcohol with little umbrellas in them?" Beka's voice was light but carried more then moderate curiosity.

"No." Her voice warned that they were treading on dangerous ground but Beka couldn't help herself as a huge grin spread across her face.

"Is it populated by beautiful, mysterious purple and gold people who know way more then they let on?" When Trance didn't answer, she opened her eyes expecting to be alone in the room even without any sound to signify it, but the other girl was still there, apparently fixated on the glass in front of her. Beka kicked herself, hating how sometimes she had less tact then even Harper or Tyr. "I'm sorry, forget it." Desperately trying to preserve the mood, she drew her knees up and leaned forward with her short hair falling over her eyes. When Beka looked up again, she found Trance staring at her intently as if in wonder.

"I can't believe I forgot how beautiful you were." It was almost a whisper and at first, she wondered if she heard her friend right. But Trance was watching her mouth, looking like the first time she said those words; wild, strong and a little desperate. Then edged forward and kissed Beka like she'd been doing it for ages. And maybe she had.

Trance is really good at avoiding questions about herself and one of these days Beka's not going to let herself be distracted. But right then, she could have cared less. Not when a tongue brushed across her lips softly, so different from the militant attitude this new Trance had been showing.

One of these days, she's not going to let herself be distracted. But it's just so much fun.

 

end