Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
492
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
811

Uneasy

Summary:

Summary: Teyla Emmagan's an enigma
Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
Pairing: Elizabeth/Teyla preslash, maybe?
Rating: PG
Timeline: Early season one
A/N: My first SGA fic and I have to admit that's pretty clear. I actually wrote this, oh, about six months ago.
A/N2: I like to, um, 'make reference' to the way Sheppard and McKay speak.
Beta: *checks* It doesn't look like it.
Disclaimer: Not mine. I play with other people's toys.
Submitted through Makebelieve_YG

Work Text:

 

Uneasy
by Pixie Child
glitery_insane_pixie_child@yahoo.ca

 

 

As she watched Teyla command her people that morning, Elizabeth felt an uneasy sensation in her chest that was incredibly distracting and still hadn't completely gone away. It's not that she doesn't trust the Athosians, because she does, she can't afford not to, as cynical as that sounds. But there's this ill feeling in her gut, the kind that she used to get when arguing with Kinsey back at the SGC that she can't ignore, like she's afraid that whatever comes out of her mouth will be taken the wrong way and lead to them loosing the amount of mutual respect they've earned. Not a very reassuring condition for anyone, least of all a diplomat.

Of course, most diplomats aren't in an entirely different galaxy with less then two years of experience in anything related to commanding a group of humans on an alien city. So it could be a normal, if guilty, reaction even after getting to know her.

"Doctor Weir?" Even though she didn't hear it, Elizabeth knows Teyla must have been trying to get her attention for some time and guilt causes her to flush in embarrassment. It's an incredibly good thing that the other woman's people can't, as far as they know, read minds.

"Yes, Teyla, what can I do for you?" She asks curtly, showing none of her inner thoughts. But if it comes out harsher then intended, neither of them seem to notice.

"There are still a few things I do not fully understand about your culture and as both the Major and Doctor McKay seem to talk in circles, I was hoping you could clarify them." The leader of Atlantis sighs and gestures to her desk.

"As I'm sure that you can see, I've got a lot of work right now. Everybody's demanding my attention by yesterday." The younger woman's eyes drop for a moment, possibly in disappointment, but she nods.

"I understand. I will see you later." As she begins to turn, Elizabeth checks her watch and coughs slightly to clear her throat.

"You know what? I could do with a break. I feel like I've been sitting here for ages." The doctor pushes herself back and stands up as an impish grin flashes across Teyla's usual solemn features, startling Weir. "How about going down to the mess hall?" Teyla nods and waits until the human woman is next to her before turning back towards the hall.

"That would be fine."

"Good." The door slides shut behind them, almost silently.

"And... perhaps I can answer a few of your questions as well." But her voice was still carrying that lightness and Liz is left wondering what kinds of questions Teyla Emmagan, leader of the Athosian people on the city of the Ancestors, thinks she has to ask. "I don't believe you and I are really all that different, Doctor Weir."

 

END