Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
474
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,123

Titillate

Summary:

answer to 1 word challenge using "titillate" - Challenger/Roxton/Marguerite

Work Text:

Finn ran down the steps to Challenger’s lab. She jumped the last two and landed with a loud thud. “Challenger!”

Challenger was at his lab table. He heated a small beaker over a flame. He didn’t face her. “Finn,” he greeted absently.

She rushed up behind him and stopped just short of bumping him. “What are you working on?” she asked excitedly.

He tensed and held his hand still to keep from spilling his experiment. “A new insecticide for Veronica’s garden. We don’t want to have to replant everything again.”

“Yeah, that sucked.”

He wasn’t going to get any work done with a hyperactive teen hovering at his shoulder. He carefully put the beaker down. He turned on his stool to face her. “What are you up to?”

She grinned and held up a book with a red cover. “Marguerite loaned me this book and I’m having trouble with some of the words.”

He grinned back. “I’m pleased to see you’re finally taking an interest in reading.”

“Well, you picked boring books,” she answered with a smirk.

He shook his head and chuckled. “I’m trying to improve your mind.”

She slammed the book down in the little bit of free space in front of her. She stabbed at the page. “What does that mean?”

He had to lean forward to read the small print. Suddenly, he started coughing.

She slapped him on the back. “Are you all right?”

He straightened up and cleared his throat. He felt the heat in his face. “You…you really don’t know what that word means?”

She shrugged and looked at him helplessly. “No. I’m not even sure how to say it.”

He rubbed the back of his neck. “The word is titillate.”

“Titillate?” she repeated. “What does it mean?”

Challenger felt the sweat forming in the palms of his hands. “It means to excite…in a…sexual way.” He mumbled the last bit, hoping she wouldn’t hear.

Finn’s eyes got wide. Then she burst out laughing. “Really. I’ll have to remember that word.”

“No, you don’t.”

“I’ve never seen you so red before.”

He thrust the book back in her hands. “Off with you,” he said gruffly. “I have work to do.”

She pretended to pout. “All right. You’re no fun.” She slapped him on the back again. “V’s waiting for me anyway.”

He heard her on the steps and let out a long breath in relief. Then he heard masculine laughter. “It’s not funny, John.”

Roxton replaced Finn at Challenger’s back. He leaned in close to Challenger’s ear. “You know Marguerite’s sense of humor. Who do you think told Finn to ask you what titillate means?”

Challenger leaned back against Roxton. “She can be evil.”

“And you know I love you to see you blush,” Marguerite commented. Both men turned to look at her and she sauntered over to them. “Finn and Veronica have left for the Zanga village. They’ll be there all weekend.” Her eyes sparked seductively. “Any ideas for what we should do now?”