Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
539
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,131

Scraplet: Penitent

Summary:

Answer to the one word challenge at SexyOldMenSlash. The word is penitent. -- Active movie watching with Greg Sanders.

Work Text:

A quiet movie. That was all Gil was after. He loved just sitting on the couch, curled against Jim. Yes, he could be affectionate. It just had to be a private setting was all; Jim’s living room after shit. However, this time they had a guest and he put a respectable distance between them.

Gil just didn’t understand it. He knew Greg and he shouldn’t have been surprised by the behavior. Greg sang in the car, so this present acting wasn’t too much of a stretch. Yet, he didn’t know what to make of it.

Gil glanced at Jim, who was dividing his smirk between Greg and the movie. At least Jim was amused by this instead of irritated. He tried to focus on the television, but it was impossible to ignore Greg.

Greg sat on the floor between them with his back against the couch. He squirmed and his lips moved in sync with every line of dialogue. He didn’t just mouth the words, he spoke them out loud.

Gil glanced at Jim again. Jim laughed quietly and shrugged.

Suddenly, Greg jumped up. He crossed to the front of the coffee table. He began mimicking Harrison Ford’s movements as Jones as he approached the first test for the grail. “The breath of God. Only the penitent man will pass. Only the penitent man will pass.”

Greg paused and looked back at Gil, his expression a perfect mirror of the one on the television. He turned back. “Penitent man will pass. Penitent man…penitent man will pass. Penitent man is humble before God,” he muttered. “Penitent man is humble before God. Kneels!”

Gil cocked his head to the side and just stared when Greg tumbled across the floor. This was the man who was just dumped by a long time boyfriend. This was the man Catherine insisted not be left alone.

Greg grinned at the both of them and resumed his seat. “Sorry about that,” he chirped but sounded anything but.

Jim lost the battle not to laugh out loud. “Not a problem, Greg.”

A half hour later, the movie was over and Greg was out on Jim’s doorstep. “Thanks a lot, guys. This is the most fun I’ve had in a while. I hope I didn’t totally ruin it for you.”

Gil was at a loss. Jim laughed again. “No, you made it for me. I’ve never seen such active viewing.”

Gil watched Jim close and lock the door. His lips moved but no sounds came out. He cleared his throat. “What was that?”

Jim put an arm around Gil’s shoulders. “That was the phenomenon known as Greg Sanders. Hurricane Greg.”

Gil gaped at Jim. “I’m sorry. I never expected…”

Jim silenced Gil with a kiss. “Don’t worry.” He let out a put upon sigh. “Although, I do think I do a better Sean Connery than him.”

Gil arched an eyebrow. “Really?”

Jim captured the accent perfectly. “The quest for the grail is not archaeology. It’s a race against evil. If it is captured by the Nazis, the armies of darkness will march all over the face of the Earth.” He looked at Gil expectantly. “Well? Better?”

For the first time, the very absurdity of the situation hit Gil and he could laugh about it. He leaned in to kiss Jim and whispered, “Much better.”