Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
501
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
987

The Intruder

Summary:

"I am coming for you. You cannot get away from me."

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

The Intruder
byPeggy Boone

 

Blair crawled out of bed and padded down to the kitchen for a cup of tea. He had still been asleep when Jim went to work. He headed back to his room to get dressed. The English Muffin he had been eating was in one hand and the teacup was in the other.

He was on his way out of the door when the phone rang. He went to answer it. Blair picked up the receiver.

"Hello."

There was no one on the other end.

"Is there anyone there?"

there was still silence. He was getting ready to hang up, when he heard a voice.

"I am coming for you. You cannot get away from me."

Blair's hand began shaking and the receiver slipped from his fingers. As he drove to the college, he had time to think. He didn't recognize the voice on the phone, but it had been female.

After thinking back on the activities of the past week, Blair recalled one incident. When he had been driving back to the loft, he'd felt that he was being followed. He finally chalked it up to an over-active imagination.

* * *

Jim was worried about Blair. He had gotten home and found him curled up in the recliner. He didn't think that he had heard him come home.

"Chief, are you all right?"

Blair did not answer him. Jim walked over to the chair and put his hand on his shoulder. Blair jumped. Jim could hear his rapidly beating heart. When Blair finally looked up at him, Jim could see the pain and terror in his friend's blue eyes.

"Are you all right, Chief?"

Blair nodded his head. Jim saw him get up out of the chair and walk into his room. Soon, he saw the light go off. Jim sat down in the chair that Blair had vacated. He did not know what was bothering Blair, but he could tell that something had upset him.

* * *

As Blair slept, the telephone rang, waking him up. There were no classes at the college, so he had decided to spend extra time in bed. He crawled out of bed and staggered in to answer it.

"Hello."

There was no answer. Blair waited for a few seconds.

"Is there anyone there?"

There was still silence on the other end. Finally, Blair hung up the phone. As he finished getting dressed, he thought about the phone call. He wondered why there hadn'tbeen anyone on the other end. He thought it could have been a wrong number. He had just locked the door to the loft, when he found a folded sheet of paper laying in front of the door. He picked it up and read it. It said:

"You have been avoiding me. I'll make you sorry if it is the last thing I ever do."

His hands began shaking. He went downstairs, got into his car and began driving in the direction of the Cascade Police Department.

 

End of Part 1

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Peggy Boone.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.