Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,327
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
13
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,877

NCIS/BTVS Moonlight Desire

Summary:

Permission to archive: Yes
Fandom(s): NCIS/BTVS
Genre: Pre-slash
Pairing/Characters: Gibbs/Oz
Rating: FRAO due to the photomap
Summary: This is a one of story for the photomap banner I did.
Warnings: Not beta read.
Submitted through MoonlightFanfic

Work Text:

 


by Texasaries
texasaries2@yahoo.com
http://www.lonetreecp.org

 

Gibbs smelt the faint scent of another wolf as soon as he stepped into the elevator making him dunk his head so that the surveillance didn't pick up his eyes changing from blue to gold before he got his territorial instincts under control.

Turning around to face the front of the elevator he angrily punched the button for his floor as he took another sample of the wolf that had dared to evaded his territory without his permission. Almost immediately the anger drained away replaced with desire as it registered that the wolf was a beta.

A beta without an Alpha.

Gibbs opened his mouth to breathe in the tantalizing scent of the other wolf as his eyes closed to allowing the sensual flavor to flow over his tongue and into his lungs. But as soon as his brain caught up with what his wolf senses were telling him it caused him to snap his mouth shut as his eyes popped open in surprise.

The other was not only a beta but a changeling!

This revelation caused his emotions to fluctuate between worry for his team and the desire to protect the beta changeling.

The myth of the werewolf was all wrong. Most werewolf attacks were caused by the werewolf getting what is now known as rabies. Those werewolves that became rabid go insane with the disease and then start attack people. Those human victims that survived an attack become infected by the disease which in turn made them believe that they are werewolves when in fact they are not. That combine with hysteria of times gave birth to the legend of the werewolf, that and the few cases of changelings sightings helped the myth grow.

The truth was that Werewolves are an off shoot of the human race with a genetic ability to change their shape from human, to werewolf, to wolf are therefore born not made as the myths suggest. This only is slightly modified for those of Changeling lines.

Changelings are descends of a mating between a human and a werewolf which results in a hybrid that instead of the werewolf gene being dominate is recessive. This recessive gene is passed down from generation to generation without a werewolf child being born when out of the blue one is. Just because the werewolf gene in the hybrids were recessive it does not mean that it could not be trigger allowing them to have a full werewolf gene and the only way it could be trigger is by sharing body fluids that include saliva, blood, and/or semen with a full werewolf.

The discovery of the changelings and their trigger was brought to the attention of the Alpha council after a rabid werewolf attack. Another werewolf was reported attacking villagers but the clan that control the area could senses that the new werewolf was family but none of the clan had the disease. After tracking down and humanely put other werewolf out of pain, it was found that the young man was the only survivor of an attack, and was actually a descendant of an offshoot between one of their clan and a human.

Excited about the discovery they tried to infect as many changelings as possible only to find out that the majority of the changelings go insane, where their minds couldn't accept the possibility of werewolves existing and therefore cased a split in their personalities where the human half nor the wolf half have any idea about the other. Those changelings were kept under close watch in small werewolf communities so that they would not cause trouble or be harmed by humans.

In other changelings were the split did not occur they develop a thirst for the hunt and human blood. In their own way they were insane, but insane like a serial killer is. The only way they could be stopped is to destroy them.

After the discovery the Alpha council rule that changelings are to track but not to be touched. It was just to risk for all involved.

Now one was in the building with his team, a beta that called to his Alpha as a potential mate but also a changeling that could be plotting to kill his team.

Gibbs head snapped up as the elevator stopped and the doors open, his hand rested on his gun if he needed it as he cautiously stepped out of the elevator. The first thing he saw that Tony being embracing by a dark hair man. Slowing Gibbs started to withdraw his gun but with a sniff Gibbs could tell that this man wasn't the one he was seeking. Not only that but that the strange male appear to be a close relative of Tony's. His attention was capture by a petite man with blue tipped red hair that stood not far from the hugging men a slight smile on his face.

Gibbs saw the beta's posture stiffen as the young wolf's freckled face turned towards him. Blue eyes locked with his.

Gibbs's first impression was that he saw no signs of either insanity or bloodlust in the pixie like face, but instead saw heartbreak loneliness that made him want to embrace and claim the young man as his beta. To keep him safe and made sure he knew that he was loved.

Blue eyes widen and the scent of fear as well as arousal filled the air as the young man slowly backed away from Tony and the others. Keeping the young one in sight Gibbs slowly moved his hand from his gun as he tried to convey silently to the young beta that he wouldn't hurt him.

Gibbs fought his instinct to rush the young beta and claim him before another wolf did. But he also knew that if he did the young beta would run and he never would find him. Standing completely still and trying to be as unthreatening as possible he waited and watched as the young wolf started to slowly relaxed. Then cautiously the young beta moved towards him submissively keeping his eyes lower.

Taking it as a good sign Gibbs slowly back and pushed the button for the elevator. His eyes track the beta's progress towards him only to out of arms reach. Neither of them said anything as they waited for the elevator doors open.

When the door open Gibbs stepped to the side gently ushered the younger man inside. He kept his movements slow and easy so that it did not make the beta feel threaten in any way, but he also made sure that he did not touching any part of the beta. Gibbs knew himself well enough that if he did touch the young changeling he wouldn't stop until he claimed the young wolf for himself be damn the consequences.

Following the beta inside Gibbs hit the button to take them to Duck's area. Turning he face the young wolf while keeping a firm grip on the elevator railing to prevent him from doing what instinct demand. Gibbs took the opportunity to look over his potential mate and he liking what he saw.

The beta had a small but compact muscular frame, fair freckled skin telling him that the red hair was natural, while the naked flesh of the young wolf's neck making it hard not to jump the beta to claim and mark him for all to know. But it was the dark circles and signs of stress around the young man's eyes and mouth that made Gibbs want to take the beta somewhere safe to hold and comfort the young wolf until he knew that he was loved, desired, and wanted.

A low soft male voice broke the silence with one word. "Oz."

Gibbs struggled not to smile as he returned, "Gibbs."

The beta dared a quick look up and the sad little face brightened with a quirky smile.

 

end