Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,118
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
913

Oh! What a dream

Summary:

Ever had a dream that never ended?

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Title:  Oh! What a dream…

Author + Email: Shewolf >> wolfy_blood_moon@yahoo.com.au

Pairing: Original males and/or females. No names.

Rating + Type:  NC17, Het or Slash, violent, death.

Beta: Blaxkdragn >> Who is my inspiration, thankyou darling.

Disclaimer: This is story is mine wholly and solely.

Archive: Yes please.. just ask

Notes: My stuff can be found >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shewolf_aka_wolfy/

Summery: Ever had a dream that never ended?

 

~*~

 

I awoke to find myself cold and shivering; I shook violently and decided that a hot shower was in order. The smell of my shampoo tingled my senses and my nerves. The hot water warmed my blood and caressed my body. Finally I felt alive and ready to face the day and even the world. 

 

I looked out of my kitchen window and down into the street below, I noticed that there were no cars in fact there was no movement at all. I turned and looked up at my Felix the Cat wall-clock, it was 9.30 in the morning. Normally by now the streets below are full of activity, kids running late for school. Cars honking their horns, even the dogs; who loved to chase the postman were nowhere to be seen.

 

My heart skipped a beat, “Don’t be silly girl, it’s Sunday; that’s all” But I noticed that the electronic clock on the Dry Cleaners wall, across from my apartment said that it was Wednesday. Had I slept through several days? Or was I dreaming? I turned quickly and slammed the back of my hand on the kitchen table, it hurt “Nope you aren’t asleep” Again my heart skipped several beats.

 

Why was I starting to panic? I took some really deep breaths and exited the front door.

 

~*~

 

The streets were empty.

 

I walked to my corner store and with each and every step, my heart skipped a beat. Then I spotted a car and sighed with relief “Life” I whispered.

But as I studied the car with its driver’s side door opened, I noticed that there was no driver.

 

A dog barked and I screamed.

 

~*~

 

The shadows were increasing, the sun was setting.

 

“RUN!!”

 

I heard a frantic voice shout and followed the sound, there it was; on the rooftop of a rather expensive looking apartment block.

 

“RUN!!” It shouted again, and then added “DON’T LET THEM GET YOU!!”

 

“DON’T LET –WHO- GET ME?” I shouted back.

 

“RUN!! NOW… FAST…” The voice screamed again “RUN.. THEIR COMING… BEHIND YOU”

 

I turned very slowly to see what looked like zombies from a horror movie staggering towards me, and then they started to run towards me.

 

“RUN… I’LL COVER YOU”

 

I saw the figure retrieve something long and then take aim then; BANG!! “RUN” It shouted for the last time and continued firing.

 

I turned and ran for my life, opening doors and taking the steps; two by two to the rooftop. All the while hearing rifle shots and snarling coming from behind me.

 

“They are snarling and howling… those things are monsters” I repeated this over and over as I virtually jumped up the stairs.

The voice that was on the rooftop was now waiting for me, at what looked like a blockade. The dishevelled being pulled aside some rubbish and shoved me behind them, “Go… I’ll make sure that they do not get in”

 

~*~

 

We ate in silence, cold Bake Beans and then apricots from a can. We sort of slept a waking sleep.

 

We walked the streets trying hard to find more people, anyone. It felt so strange being only us, being the only ones to survive; what ever happened.

 

And what did happen? Where were the people, the thousands of people? Where were the dogs and cats? Come to think of it, where were the bloody birds? This town had hundreds of birds; pooping, squawking and swooping birds.

 

Now all it had was silence, unbearable silence.

 

We found a car with the keys still in the ignition and drove on the interstate, to where we had no idea. We only knew that we had to get out of this town, this city and if we are lucky come across some more people. Some more survivors of this what ever it was, we just prayed that we did not come across more of them.

 

We ate in silence, cold Spam on dry biscuits and then fruit salad from a can. We sort of slept a waking sleep, listening to the sounds of the night or should I say lack of sounds.

 

~*~

 

And then on the fifth day we came across a house on a hill, nothing special just a farm house on a lonely and silent hill.

The country side was beautiful, the grass was green as green could be. The trees reached the sky and swayed in the breeze. The orchard was full of flowering and fruiting fruit trees, every fruit that you could imagine was there. The smell was intoxicating.

 

We lit a fire and for the first time in days we had our first hot meal, nothing special just what I found in some cans, heaped it all in a pot and heated it up. I called it my what-not-pot, I also found some flour and made some scones.

 

We ate in silence but this time the food was hot, we smiled and felt warm.

 

That night for what ever reason we had sex, pure unadulterated sex. Every position that this sexy being knew we tried, then we tried every position that I knew. We were covered in sweat but we did not care, we lay by the fire and slept in each others arms. For the first time a deep slumber over came us.

 

When it happened we were not sure, how they knew where we were we did not know. We only knew that our time was up, and that fleeing was not an option.

 

They bite down onto our naked flesh and tore away chunks, our blood mingled with their infected saliva.

 

We did not care that our bodies were as naked as the day that we were born. We only knew that we had to find new blood, new flesh to devour. We were now the walking, eating dead.

 

~*~*~

 

I woke up screaming, my heart was pounding in my chest.

 

What I needed was a long hot shower and some equally hot, black and very sweet coffee.

 

I checked my mailbox as usual for my mail, it was empty as usual. I sighed and headed out of my apartment building for work, the streets were abnormally quiet.

I saw a car with its driver side door wide open, and my heart skipped a beat………..

 

The end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author shewolf.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.