Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
708
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,210

Varying Shades of Harry Potter

Summary:

Fandom: Painkiller Jane (shortfic)
Pairing: Riley Jensen/Howie Morris
Portrayed by Sean Owen Roberts/Elias Toufexis. Cameo appearance by Andre McBride (Rob Stewart)
Spoilers: for "Amazing Howie" Just watched this episode and it triggered this bit of fluff.
Author's Note: Sorry guys, slipped off the rotation here once more, this one is for me. Howie is a neuro that Riley chased down, then just before the team broke in to rescue him, Riley realized he didn't want Howie's abilities taken from him. Be that as it may, Howie was chipped. Riley short-circuited the chip and helped him escape. This is for the magic 
Summary: Howie Morris is not *completely* out of the picture
Warning: smarm
Acknowledgments: This story is dedicated to <shrug> my PKJ muse, I guess.
General thanks to all of you folks who are requesting short fics and improvs in the various fandoms. You're keeping the words flowing.
My stories are posted at: http://peja1956.livejournal.com  and http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/search.php?action=recent

Work Text:

 

Varying Shades of Harry Potter
by PEJA

 

Riley felt the familiar tug that meant that Howie was summoning him from where ever he might be. He closed his eyes against the swirling dizziness that swept over him then opened them again to find Howie standing before him with that quirky little mischievous grin.

"Miss me, then?" Riley asked in mock boredom

"Nah." Howie pulled him in to his embrace, running the back of his hand over Riley's high boned cheek. He smiled, stealing a chaste kiss, then pulled back to gaze dreamily into Riley's dark eyes. "Yeah."

Riley offered a sly smile. "Good." He dropped a quick kiss on Howie's self-satisfied lips. "But....You really have to stop pulling me out of time and space at the drop of a hat, Precious. I'm beginning to feel like I'm living in a Harry Potter novel."

A pout pursed Howie's lips and he waved a casual hand toward a vaporous cloud that appeared to be looking into Riley's work area. "I peeped in before I summoned you."

Riley combed his fingers through Howie's hair, fisting the hair to hold him still. "I'm falling behind in my work, Howie. I can't protect you if they fire my ass."

Howie's lashes lowered, shielding flashing, rebellious eyes. "I don't need protection from them."

"Yes," Riley's voice was firm. "You do. Andre may be turning a blind eye to my helping you escape, but if we get to belligerent he might just decide to start asking questions. I can't bear to lose you, Precious."

Howie sighed appreciatively, preening under Riley's indulgent gaze. "Do you mean that?"

"How can you doubt it. I risked my job to get you out."

Howie went quiet. His eyes lifted to capture Riley's gaze. "You saved my sanity, Rye. Without my magic....I would have withered away and died. After they chipped me...." he shuddered violently, shaking his head against the memories. "Rye, with the magic gone, I wanted to die more than anything I'd ever wanted before in my life. Without you..."

Riley swept him up in his arms and silenced him with a hard kiss. "Its over, Howie. Over and done." He cupped Howie's face between trembling hands. "I ...love you."

A soft pink washed over the neuro's face and he smiled shyly. "I love you too, Rye.

"God dammit," Andre McBride's frustrated voice filtered through the vaporous cloud that still peeped into the secret base. "Riley Jensen, you have exactly thirty seconds to get in that last kiss and have Howie snap you back here. We've got a case."

the end

want more Painkiller Jane? Maybe another WIP, or a new story, in another fandom? write me back and let me know

Authors End Note: To increase a history of slow and long between postings, I'm taking a new approach to my writing and letting you all set my direction. Simply put, except for the occasional death grip of a stray muse or two or in the case of my wanting to start a new ML (which I'm only doing if I can christen it with a story), I'm taking notes on what you all want and using that to guideline my posts. You have a couple options.
1. request a chapter of a current WIP. Each request will get a new chapter, until the story is complete.
2. request a short fic in a fandom of your choice through a simple challenge or a quick 5-10 word improv.
3. request a short or WIP chapter for a specific ML. I want to post all of the archive lists, so please help me out with ideas
For the short fic/improv requests, please mention the fandom and/or list. You can also ask for specific characters.
I do retain the option to refuse a fandom/challenge I don't feel I can do either through lack of knowledge to the fandom or a the case of too weird (Janey), but if I feel I can accomplish the request with decent results, I'll add it to the pending stories rotation as they come to my attention and do my best.
If you don't get a confirmation from me, I probably missed the challenge request. Post me again.