Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 25 of Of Innocence and Empathy
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
265
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,525

Of Innocence and Empathy: To Rescue Innocence

Summary:

Series: Of Innocence and Empathy
Beta: Nilandia & Fireness
Rating: FRT-13, non-explicit slash
Disclaimer: I don't own them. Damnit.
Challenge: 50episodes – Criminal Minds, Morgan/Reid
Table: 2
Prompt: 9. Cemetary
Word Count: 259
Author's Note: Missing scene from the end of Revelations. Is the first of three.
Submitted through CriminalMinds_slash

Work Text:

 

Of Innocence and Empathy: To Rescue Innocence
by Frogg

 

Reid knelt carefully next to Tobias' body, swallowing a whimper at the pain in his injured feet. As he fished through Tobias' pocket, he could feel someone watching him, a presence hovering at a distance as the rest of the police and FBI officers faded back into the woods.

Waiting.

The glint of moonlight on glass, warped oddly through the curve of vial and clear fluid within, caught Reid's eye. Then, stricken at the fear of discovery, he glanced up, meeting Morgan's gaze across the clearing.

Reid's face twisted into a grimace of pain and pleading. 'Please,' he thought, choking on humiliation, 'please, I need--not taking it to take, but--'

Morgan tilted his head once, heart in his eyes.

Loving.

Supporting.

Understanding.

Reid shuddered, slipping the vials into his pocket and less-than-carefully getting to his feet; he swayed, biting his lip and hopping as he waited out the pain.

Morgan pulled his earpiece off, let it dangle from its cord. It bumped against his shoulder, forgotten as he held out one hand to Reid in invitation.

Half limping, half hopping, arms askew for balance, Reid made his way across the cemetary grounds, slowing as he approached. Toes curled instinctively, his injured foot hit the ground wrong, and Reid lurched, almost fell.

Morgan caught him, taking his lover's weight easily as Reid's cheek slammed into his shoulder, hands scrabbling at back and abdomen, catching on his belt.

At some point during that brief tangle of bodies, the vials slipped from Reid's pocket to Morgan's, safe from prying eyes.

 

end

Series this work belongs to: