Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
197
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,290

I don't love him

Summary:

Fandom: AtS
Character: Angel
Genre: Gen, kind of slashish
Rating: Gen
Summary: for Shanmara who wanted to know why Angel loves Spike. Well the big lug wouldn't really cooperate but here is what I got out of him.
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spike_Slash

Work Text:

 

I don't love him
by Lilithangel
abchainey@xtra.co.nz
http://www.livejournal.com/users/lilithbint
Love him? I don't love him. Who told you I loved him?

I don't love the way he defies me at every turn. Although his strength and independence looks good for me as his Sire.

I don't love the way he mocks me all the time. Although the way his eyes crinkle at the corners when he laughs is very striking.

I don't love the way he gets obsessed with people, especially my people. I remember how good it felt to be the focus of that obsession, to be the most important person in his universe.

I don't love the way he just rushes into things risking all my careful planning. And risking his own skin in the process as if he doesn't think anyone would miss him.

I don't love the dull empty look I see in his eyes when he thinks nobody is watching him. I would much rather see the light that warms every room he's in, that comes from the heart we never destroyed no matter how battered it is.

Of course I don't love him? Didn't I just tell you so?

END