Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
389
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,484

A Letter

Summary:

Rating: FRT
Disclaimer: Not mine
Summary: Jack says goodbye
Type: Slash
Author's Notes: This takes place after the season 1 finale of Torchwood so one or two spoilers for that. I suppose it could be set after the fic 'Crying' but equally could be a standalone. Unbeta'd a done in about 5 minutes so any mistakes are mine. Mild tissue alert.

Work Text:

 

A Letter
by Julia

 

Ianto locked his door and picked up his post, he was in a daze after loosing Jack twice in one day he had dared to hope that Gwen was right and that his lover could come back to him again. When he had seen Jack standing in the hub smile on his face he wanted nothing more than to run to his lover and kiss him but sense had made him hold back. He had been glad when Jack had pulled him into a hug and then kissed him showing that Ianto's act of betrayal was forgiven. Now Jack was gone again, vanished into thin air, the cameras in the hub had shown a breeze blowing through the hub and a brilliant smile on Jack's face then nothing. Everything had gone black when the picture returned Jack was gone.

Making soup knowing that if he ate something solid he would only throw it up again Ianto sat down in front of the TV putting something mindless on not concentrating on what he saw. All he could think of was that Jack had left him again.

It was late when Ianto went upstairs to his room to find a note on his pillow in a very familiar hand. Hands shaking he opened it.

"Ianto, I'm sorry. I told you when we started this that I was going to end up hurting you I didn't realise it would be this soon. After the last couple of days you must have noticed that I have a hard habit of staying dead, and now I have the chance to find out why. I would have waited and told you this in person but time for once isn't on my side. I'm going to be travelling with a Doctor for a while, and I hope that he can explain a few things to me. I promise I'll be back and I want you to know that you are the best thing to happen to me for a long time. Look after Gwen and Tosh and keep an eye on Owen. Don't forget me and remember I will be back. Your Jack."

Tears welled up again as Ianto crushed the note in his hand, Jack was gone but he would be back and that was something to hold onto.

 

end