Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
429
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
15
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
851

Spanish Eyes

Summary:

AU, Speed's still alive. Fluffy non-graphic slash! EricxRyan

Work Text:

The song filtered through the CD player set up in the trace lab. They were working on a hit and run at the moment. A young girl had been hit and no one saw a thing, making their jobs that much harder.

"What a case for you to come back to." Speed said, looking over at Ryan.

"I know. What song is that?" Ryan asked looking at Speed.

"Oh that." Speed chuckled. "Jamie gave me a burned CD for me to listen to while I worked. It's called 'Weird World' by some boy band. It kinda fits doesn't it?"

"Yeah, I guess so." Ryan said as he got back to work.

The day wore on and they finally caught the guy who had hit the girl. He had been drunk and hit her without realizing it. As he was escorted off Ryan went back into trace to put things away. Speed had already left, but had left his CD playing. Another, softer song started playing after he finished and Ryan felt a pair of strong arms wrap around him from behind.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." Came the soft rumble of Eric's voice. "Dance with me?"

"Someone could see." Ryan said softly as he was turned around.

"I don't care." Eric said as he started moving them slowly in place. "Let the world see."

Ryan didn't say anything more as he laid his head on Eric's shoulder, letting the Cuban lead. Listening to the lyrics of the song he smiled. After Eric had driven him to the hospital when he'd gotten shot by that nail gun it seemed the other man didn't want to take his eyes off of him, for fear that something would happen again. The song ended and although Eric stopped moving he didn't let Ryan go.

"You know I think I like this song." Ryan said.

"That one's called 'Spanish Eyes'. Same band." Speed said from the doorway he had braced himself against, smirking at them.

Eric growled softly at the intrusion. "Did you need something Speed?"

"Yes, my keys. Have you seen them?"

Ryan chuckled as he spotted them on top of the CD player. "Look on top of the CD player."

"Thanks." He got them and turned to go. "See you tomorrow."

"You done?" Eric asked as Speed walked off.

"Yeah, let's get out of here."

"I'm right behind you."

As they walked out to Eric's car Eric heard Ryan humming under his breath "Knowing all I have to do is reach out to you when I want to look into your Spanish Eyes...."