Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,042
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,298

Broken Yesterday

Summary:

Dick is hurt Slade shows kindness....song fic :P(Warnings: un-beta'ed)

Work Text:

Dick shuddered as he stumbled down the street feeling weary, tired, done . His hands shook as he slipped into the shadows on an alley way and slid down the wall his eyes falling shut behind the black mask , his world swirled darkly and Dick remembered.

Can you see me there when I'm standing alone
How did you know I needed you here
Can you feel the screams from the depth of my soul
Is that what makes you appear


The world was too much too much for one young hero , he had broken away form Bruce wanting to be independent to be his own man he wanted to be a hero not a sidekick , besides Bruce didn’t need him not really. He had found them then a group of people like him wanting to help to fight some too serious , some to goofy , but they were family but still....sometimes they didn’t under stand. He had been considering leaving turning over the mantle to someone Victor maybe and then ....‘He’ had appeared like a bolt form the blue evil, but not insane strong powerful a new challenge a new reason to go on.

See I often wonder in the presence of this all
What we did to become this way
And I'll never forget when you whispered to me
Said, Don't worry it'll be okay


The battle had been fierce and dangerous several members were done for the count and even ‘He’ was struggling with things , Dick still couldn’t believe they were working together and he almost chuckled a little it was insane really crazy and yet ....Dick dodged one blow and another but he was only human and eventually the rain of blows caught up to him and he was driven into a wall ribs broken blood leaking in red form from his mouth great a punctured lung thought Dick as he tried to get back up. Then ‘He’ was there pulling Dick from the battle and beginning field medicine on him and Dick caught one phrase ‘ you’ll be fine little bird , your stronger then you know and ...so is your miscreant bunch of friends’

Sometimes the sun calls our names
And sometimes we listen...
Sometimes the devil's there
But we just can't go with him.


The injuries had been bad worse then anyone had known and he had ‘gone on hiatus’ a little bit leaving Victor in charge, he had to find himself again he had gone for training and yet it wasn’t enough and before long dick had tracked ‘Him’ it hadn’t been hard surprisingly easy as if he wanted to be found and perhaps he did... Dick stared at him some distrust in his eyes as ‘He’ invited Dick inside for tea...What fallowed was 2 month’s that Dick would never forget of making love until dawn and how cooked meals on a french veranda and yet ....one Morning ‘He’ was late and on a whim Dick flipped through the news only to see ‘Him’ on the news in a pitched battle ... with a sigh Dick got up and left a note 6 simple words , final words. “I’m sorry... this can’t go on” Dick left thinking of costume designs ....maybe blue and black this time.

Can you hear me now, when I'm standing this close
Can I tell you one of my fears
See, I hope you live to sing when I die
Cause if you're gone, I don't think I want to be here no more


Dick continued to fight as night wing now and yet he continued to fallow ‘His’ exploits some of the team thought him obsessed and maybe he was , when the team pulled away from him because of what Bruce’s actions in the league he somehow didn’t mind they were family again his new team and yet ....something was still missing Oh Dick knew what but how do you say such a thing do such a thing when you know it could never end well , and So he poured his energy into fighting It was safer ...somehow. At some point Dick realized in spite himself ‘He’ had become the focal point in Dick’s life and as much as he wanted him to be apprehended, he couldn’t imagine what he would do if he died. Shaking his head Dick went back to patrol there would be time to worry latter.

Sometimes the sun calls our names
And sometimes we listen...
Sometimes the devil's there
But we just can't go with him.


The world was going to hell again thing were going completely insane the whole city had been taken out by a living bomb , Dick was doing his best fighting and holding everything together one battle after another it had been days , ‘He’ hadn’t crossed Dick’s mind more then once he was too damn busy to.... Dick thought cut off abruptly as he felt pain like no other he too a stumbling step forward and touched his chest red blooming over the blue icon he wore . Not even turning to see who had shot him Dick wandered away from the battle tired , weary , done . His hands shook as he slipped into the shadows on an alley way and slid down the wall his eyes falling shut behind the black mask , his world swirled darkly and Dick remembered.

Sometimes the sun calls our names
And sometimes we listen...
Sometimes the devil's there
But we... just can't go with him.


Slade had been watching the battle helping a little here and there but when he saw some idot child put a round through dicks body armor he had moved form his hidden perch , he had slipped down the Ally Dick had gone down looking at the young Hero and cursing in every tongue he knew as he picked up Dick and began to , run and jump using his rocket boots to get to his Chopper “ Damn you little bird your Not going to die on me” Slade growled down at the boy in his arms . Dick smiled a little he hated repeating himself sometimes Slade’s arms felt warm...it had been so long but even as he felt the whiteness claim him “im sorry....this can’t go on”