Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
979
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,204

Cookie Monsters

Summary:

Abby sends round an email. Even Gibbs, reluctantly, takes part in the fun…

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognize are mine. Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy!

Category: NCIS PWP gen ficlet

Rating: Suitable for all

Characters: Everyone!

Series: No

Spoilers: Season Four gets a teensy spoiler

Summary: Abby sends round an email. Even Gibbs, reluctantly, takes part in the fun…

Archive: Just tell me where it’s going please

Additional 'stuff': There were 10 options in Peja’s original list, but I didn’t have enough characters for all 10 and I’ve edited some of the personality traits a lil bit cos they were less than complimentary in places! This is one of the WWOMB challenges.

Title: Cookie Monsters

Ziva’s, Tim’s and Gibbs’ computers made the same sound at the same moment.

//PING!//

Tony’s computer took a fraction of a second longer to announce, in a very husky female voice, which made the other three look over with varying degrees of irritation:

//YOU HAVE EMAIL//

Bored waiting for confirmation of a warrant issue, Tony opened the email. Equally bored waiting for a response to her BOLO, Ziva did the same. Seeing who the email was from, Tim put his apple down and opened it.

*****************************************

Down in Autopsy, waiting for the results of a test on a stomach contents sample, Jimmy saw the ‘new’ icon flashing on his computer and opened the email.

His laughter pulled Ducky out of his office, sandwich in hand. Reading over Jimmy’s shoulder, Ducky chuckled.

******************************************

In her office, salad in front of her, balanced on a pile of case files, Jenny hit the button to open her email. Skimming the email quickly, she wasn’t sure whether to be amused at Abby’s insights or cross at the time wasted by everyone who, she was certain, would be reading the email right at that moment.

Walking out, standing on the balcony and looking down into the Squad Room, particularly around Gibbs’ desk, she heard the laughter and comments which confirmed her suspicions.

********************************

From: Abby Scuito
To: The team

Subject: Oreo quiz

Hey guys! I got this in an email. Whaddya think?

Hugs (with permission!)

Abbs

So, how do you eat your Oreos:

1. One bite at a time
2. Slow and methodical nibbles examining the results of each bite afterwards.
3. In little feverous nibbles.
4. Dunked in some liquid (milk, coffee...).
5. Twisted apart, the inside, then the cookie.
6. Twisted apart, the inside, and toss the cookie.
7. Just the cookie, not the inside.
8. I don't have a favorite way because I don't like Oreo.

Your Personality:

1. One bite at a time.
You are lucky to be one of the 5.4 billion other people who eat their Oreos this very same way. Just like them, you're normal.
Jimmy

2. Slow and Methodical.
You follow the rules. You're very tidy and orderly. You're very meticulous in every detail with every thing you do. Stay out of the fast lane if you're only going to go the speed limit.
Ducky

3. Feverous Nibbles.
Your boss likes you because you get your work done quickly. You always have a million things to do and never enough time to do them.
Director Shepard

4. Dunked.
Every one likes you because you are always up beat. You like to sugar coat unpleasant experiences and  rationalize bad situations into good ones.
Tim

5. Twisted apart, the inside, and then the cookie.
You have a highly curious nature. You take pleasure in breaking things apart to find out how they work, though not always able to put them back together, so you destroy all the evidence of your activities.
Meeee!!

6. Twisted apart, the inside, and then toss the cookie.
You are good at business and take risks that pay off. You take what you want and throw the rest away.
Bossman

7. Just the cookie, not the inside.
You enjoy pain.
Ziva

8. I don't have a favorite way, I don't like Oreo cookies.
You probably come from a rich family, and like to wear nice things, and go to up-scale restaurants. You are particular and fussy about the things you buy, own, and wear. Things have to be just right. You like to be pampered.
Tony

Gibbs frowned. Tony scowled, Ziva smiled and Tim wasn’t sure how he felt.

A few minutes later, evidence bag in hand, Abby exited the elevator and walked towards Gibbs’ desk.

‘Hey guys!’

‘I am not particular slash fussy Abby!’ Tony snarled.

‘I do enjoy other people’s pain.’ Ziva grinned, high-five-ing Abby as she passed by.

‘Everyone likes me?’ Tim asked uncertainly.

Abby nodded. ‘Uh huh.’

He shrugged and went back to his apple.

‘Do you need more work Abbs?’ Placing the evidence bag on the desk in front of him, Abby smiled at Gibbs, looking pointedly at the little food on the plate beside his elbow and the bigger pile of discarded bits that had been in his sandwich and were now in his bin. Giving in, Gibbs lifted the bag up, squinting at the contents.

‘What is this?’

‘I found a packet of Oreo’s in the glove compartment of the stolen car. The fingerprints were on the packet and there was a perfect thumbprint in one of them.’

‘You got a fingerprint off an Oreo cookie?’ Tony was still smarting from Abby’s email and sounded disbelieving.

‘No!’ Abby shook her head, pigtails swishing. ‘From the cream filling.’

Gibbs sighed, shook his head in mild disbelief at the chances of such a thing happening and handed the cookie back. ‘Get over it Dinozzo!’

‘Easy for you to say boss.’

‘Warrant Dinozzo! BOLO Ziva! Report McGee!’

Suddenly, Tony, Ziva and Tim found the files on their desks infinitely more interesting than Abby’s email.

Looking up to the balcony, Gibbs met Jenny’s eyes and smiled.

End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fanficwriter101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.