Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of Snapshots
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
434
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,298

Snapshots: Impossible dream

Summary:

Fandom: buffy
Pairing: Xander/buffy, in his mind
Note: I'm doing little fics over various fandoms. the series is called Snapshots and can be found on my LJ and the WWOMB (under snapshots series)
Summary: Xander loves
Improv #1: drip, freaky, hooked up, duck walk, fake
Words: 491
Written for http://groups.yahoo.com/group/0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0_2

Work Text:

 

Snapshots: Impossible dream
by PEJA
She was the most beautiful creature alive. No doubt. Even now...no, especially now, battle tossed and gasping for breath, with dusted vamp dripping from the dagger sharp stakes she welded like she'd been born holding them. She took his breath away.

He leaned up on his elbows, grinning up at her as she strode to his side and reached down to offer him a hand up. "You okay?"

Xander let himself imagine it to be a question spoken from a deep and lasting love, even though in his heart he knew he was nothing more to her than a valued friend. "Yeah, fine." He took her hand and let her tug his protesting body to his feet. He bit his lip to suppress a soft moan as he took his weight on his left foot. He'd turned his ankle in that last fall. Not something he was about to tell buffy about though. He wasn't about to look weak or fragile to her. "Ya know, it was kinda freaky how those vamps just sort of popped up like that. Almost like they knew where we would be patrolling tonight."

Buffy shrugged. "Vamps know things."

"Yeah, but we didn't even know until Giles told us where to be this evening. It's..."

Buffy turned on him, hands on hips. "What are you implying Xander Harris? Do you think maybe I am hooked up with another Vamp...I mean yeah, sure I have a history. Angel...Spike...but I would never tell anyone where we..."

Xander pulled her into his arms, silencing her with a hard kiss. She stiffened in his arms for a long moment, then her body melted against his and she was kissing him back. Hard. Hot. With real passion even she could not fake.

He broke the kiss reluctantly, cupping her face in one large palm. "Freaky..."

Smiling shyly, she gazed into his dark eyes. "Yeah."

They took a step apart, eyes running over each other as if for the first time, seeing.

Then as if by one single thought, they turned and took up the night's patrol, both walking with purpose as if the kiss had never happened.

Xander's mind bouncing between his no longer secret desire for the woman at his side and his desperate hope that he wasn't duck walking on his tender ankle.

end

let me know what you think. Bear in mind, this is not one of my main fandoms, and I don't as a rule do man on woman.

ya want something more in this fandom, send me a list of 5-10 words and I'll see what pops up

Series this work belongs to: