Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
698
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,074

Freak Show

Summary:

Clark's secret is out
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/smallville_fanfiction

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Freak Show
by Heather

 

"Freak!"

"Alien!"

The jeers and taunts continued while the Kents walked to the moving van. Ever since the town had found out Clark's secret, the Kents had been harassed non-stop by the townspeople. The only ones who accepted them were Lex, Chloe and Lana. Yet Lana never spoke to them, she said she was ok with it all. Clark knew better.

"Mom, Dad, do we have to move? I mean, this will all pass sooner or later, won't it?" Clark looked hopefully at his parents, praying he could stay in Smallville. He grew up there, and he wanted to graduate high school there.

"Son, you know we don't want to move just as much as you don't. But it's for the best," Jonathan Kent tried to reason, "I don't want it to upscale into something worse, like violence. We just can't risk it."

"Dad! You know no one would become violent w/ us. I mean, we've lived here my whole life! No one would be that cruel."

"Clark. Even if the town calms down, we can't risk anyone leaking this to the government..."

"Clark, I do not want them to come down to test and probe my son. I will not stand for it," Martha Kent interrupted, "and if we have to leave Smallville, and maybe even hide, I am willing to do it for your safety."

"Yeah, I understand that. It's just, I don't want to leave my friends behind. Especially Chloe."

Right then Chloe came up to them, dragging Pete behind her.

"We came to bid you farewell and good luck!" Chloe was trying to be as cheerful as possible. But inside she was dying. She knew she loved Clark, and know, even if she thought she had a chance, there was no way they could be together with him moving.

"Yeah, and I wanted to apologize to you Clark," Pete started off sheepishly, "I never should've acted the way I did. No matter where you're from, or how you got here, you'll always be just Clark Kent, farm boy and friend to me." At that moment the 2 boys quickly hugged, as not to show any sign of tenderness, though both were depressed at the thought of them never seeing each other again.

"I have to go, but you better write me Clark!! Bye!!" Pete waved his last goodbye, and left before he could cry at the loss of his best friend.

"Now, where are the Kents off to?" Chloe asked, hoping it was only as far as Metropolis.

"Well, Martha and I figure to be safe, we better get out of Kansas all together. And to be able to keep a low profile down, we may have to move to a big city." Jonathan reported sadly.

"Well, I will miss you all dearly," Chloe then turned to Clark, "and I will miss you most of all." The two embraced, and Clark held her to him dearly. The day he had told her of his secret, he realized he had been harboring another secret. He was in love with Chloe Sullivan, and now, he would have to leave her.

"Chloe. I will miss you so much. I'll try to write you and tell you where we're at." Clark whispered softly in her ear. I love you, he thought to himself.

"Clark, before you go.."

"It's ok. It's ok," Clark then took her face in his hands. As she started to cry, he gently wiped away a tear with his thumb, and slowly bent down to kiss her on the cheek, "I will never forget you Chloe Sullivan."

And with that, Clark and Martha Kent climbed into their family truck while Jonathan went into the moving van. Soon, they drove off, waving in the windows their last goodbye.

"Goodbye Clark Kent. I love you." Chloe whispered after the dust the tires left. She turned to walk away, with her head low, crying her heart out at the lost of her first true love.

"Goodbye to you.... goodbye to everything that I knew. You were the one that I loved, the one thing that I tried to hold onto... Goodbye to you."

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Heather2.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.