Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
596
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
980

Not Your Baby

Summary:

rated G
nell/jon, jon/martha
side note-i figured Nell had to have SOME reason to dislike Martha, right? tell me what u think, its my first step into the elder citzen's of smallville's past
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/smallville_fanfiction

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

not your baby
by sully vann

 

 

(1979)

"Jonathan! Jonathan!" Nell cried as she flung open the door to her father’s car and ran across the deserted Kensington Bridge to where Jonathan Kent stood on the edge, holding onto the column supporting the overhang above their heads.

"Nell…leave, please. I don’t want you here." Jonathan said, glancing at her.

"I went to your house, you’re dad said you ran out really angry…" Nell said, trailing off, since that’s all she heard before she jumped into her dad’s car and sped to the bridge. It was Jonathan’s spot; he took her out here on their first date.

"Jonathan, baby, come down, talk to me," Nell said.

"I’m not your baby. Go away Nell. I don’t need you...I don’t need him…I can be my own man, and I’m going to make this decision all on my own."

Nell squeezed her eyes shut as she heard Jonathan’s pain cut into his voice.

"Jonathan, I want to help you…please, don’t do this. I love you, even if I can’t have you!" Nell cried up to Jonathan.

"My dad’s supposed to love me, but he can’t understand me or support my dreams. Love isn’t real Nell." Jonathan replied.

"Whatever I’m feeling for you right now is real, Jonathan, and it will kill me if you jump. Please, come down!"

"Nell, you don’t know what you’re saying!" Jonathan called back. "Now, leave," He said, his voice filled with emotion. "I don’t want you to have to see this."

"Jonathan…" Nell sighed, her voice choking on her tears.

"Don’t cry Nell. Don’t cry for me. I’m not worth it." Jonathan replied.

"Jonathan, you’re worth it…you’re my everything…please don’t take everything away from me." Nell said, stepping closer to Jonathan and putting an hand on his arm gripping the column.

"Nell," Jonathan said, looking down at her tear streaked face. "I would never try to hurt you." Jonathan said, sighed, and stepping off the bridge.

"Jonathan…Jonathan…" Nell sobbed into his shoulder, feeling his body shake with his own silent tears.

 

 

 

(1989)

"Afternoon, Nell."

‘He acts like everything that’s happened between us doesn’t matter. Nell, you’re an adult now. Be polite. Smile, and turn.’ Nell’s mind screamed.

"Jonathan…Martha." Nell’s smile dropped a few watts as she realized Jonathan’s red-headed, Metropolis born, big city wife was with him.

"What a surprise! What brings the reclusive Kents to town?" Nell asked, reminding herself that she was a business woman.

"Tulips. Red one if you have them." Martha said, smiling at Nell.

"What about a tiger orchid?"

‘I wonder if Jonathan even remembers that a tiger orchid is my favorite flower?’ Nell thought to herself as she fingered a tiger lily, watching Martha’s face.

"No, thanks. Martha has her heart set on tulips." Jonathan replied, joning them at the counter.

‘He used to only cared about what I had my heart set on.’ Nell sighed inwardly.

"Yes, well, they are a very uncomplicated flower." Nell replied, kicking herself for letting Jonathan Kent’s smile make her lose her cool again.

Martha walked over to Lana, and Jonathan and Nell shared a look that spoke volumes. Jonathan then turned his gaze to his wife, and smiled.

"Hey, where are her parents?"

"At the homecoming game like everyone else. I’m being the good Aunt."

‘Do you remember how good I was to you?’ Nell’s mind screamed at Jonathan as she cast another loving gaze on his wife and paid for the flowers as she played with Lana.

 

 

 

 

*sully and/or laur @ceilink.net/intrepid

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author sully vann.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.