Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
215
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
981

Hate

Summary:

Rating: PG
Spoilers: Current season, especially Crossroads
Summary: Clark Kent hates in this just marginally over 200 words drabble. These are his true thoughts at the end of Crossroads.
Disclaimer: Clark Kent, Lex Luthor, Lana Lang, and Smallville are © & TM their respective owners, not the author. Everything else is © & TM Pirate Turner. The author makes absolutely no profit off of this work of fan fiction.
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CompleteKingdomOfSlash

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

Hate
by Pirate Turner

 

 

He stood, looking in anguish at the limousine that pulled slowly away and blinking back tears. His eyes met hers, and he didn't bother to hide. He was a broken man, and she had done it to him. She had ripped away his heart and soul. He had tried so hard. He'd been willing to tell her the truth about him, though he didn't trust her. He'd been willing to marry her and pledge his undying love to her, when he'd never really loved her in the first place. He'd been willing to do whatever it took to get her away from him.

He'd looked at him before getting into the car. Their eyes had locked, and they had stared at each other for a moment. Then he had grinned. He had smiled, and that's when the last piece of Clark Kent's soul had crumpled away. He was gone now, forever out of his reach. He was gone, and it was all her fault.

As the limousine pulled away, taking any and all chances Clark would ever have for happiness away, he whispered into the wind five little words that would have made any one who thought they knew him think he'd gone mad. "I hate you, Lana Lang."

 

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.