Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
668
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
14
Hits:
852

This You Remember

Summary:

Rating: PG
Fandom: Stargate SG-1
Pairing: Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson
Category: Drama
Date: July 11, 2003
Series: Nope
Archive: Yes to Fries, JD, Area 52, CKOS, WWOMB. Others, please ask.
Disclaimers: All things Stargate belong to MGM, Showtime, SciFi, Double Secret Productions (Glassner/Wright), Gekko Film Corp. and probably a few other people I missed. No copyright infringement is intended. This work of fiction is purely for enjoyment and no money is being made from it.
Notes: Thanks to Grey for overall support. As always, any mistakes are completely my own. Feedback and constructive criticism of ALL kinds are welcome.
Summary: Daniel begins to remember.
Spoiler: Fallen, Homecoming
Warnings: m/m

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

This, You Remember
by XFreak
XFreak1@aol.com  

 

Jack shrugged on his brown leather jacket, patted down his pocket, and nodded at the familiar weight of his keys. Pulling the door open, he nearly bulldozed the man standing there. "Daniel."

Daniel waved the fingers of his upraised hand, poised in perfect knocking position. "Hi, Jack."

Stepping back, Jack waited until Daniel walked inside and shut the door. Ridding himself of his jacket, he threw it over the back of the nearby couch. "You remembered how to get here?"

Arms resting across his chest, Daniel shrugged. "Actually, I followed you home." His eyes swept the dark living room. "Although, I can't shake an odd sense of déjà vu. It seems like this place is very familiar."

"It should be. You practically lived here before… well, before." Jack watched as Daniel closed his eyes and tilted his head in an odd posture as if he remembered something new. His own eyes fluttered shut as Daniel moved closer and ran a gentle finger across his forehead and down his cheek. "Daniel…"

Jumping back as if burned, Daniel spluttered an apology. "I'm sorry. It's been over a year. I shouldn't have presumed--"

"Daniel." Glacial eyes turned up to meet Jack's own. "If you could remember the last year, you'd know that I haven't been with anyone since you."

Daniel's mouth opened, but no sound came out and he closed it, frowning.

"Teal'c and I came close once, but I backed out at the last minute. I just couldn't go through with it."

Clearing his throat, Daniel studied the hardwood.

"Then there was the time Davis got drunk and confessed the crush he had on you."

That brought Daniel's focus back to him. "Paul?"

"Paul?" Crossing his arms over his chest, Jack stepped forward. "What's with the first name basis thing?"

"I'm not military, Jack. I don't have to call people by their last names."

"Sweet." His back to Daniel, Jack could not bring himself to leave the room, not after losing Daniel for so long and finally having him back.

Hands landed on his tense shoulders and the whispered, "Jack" shook him to his very core.

"Daniel, if you ever leave me again, I swear I'll kick your ass."

Soft laughter huffed against his shoulder. "So this is why you were so indignant that I didn't remember you."

"Well, yeah. That's a serious affront to a guy's ego when his lover can't even remember being with him."

A hand massaged his stomach suggestively. "Oh, I remember."

"Daniel."

"Jack."

"Didn't your mother ever tell you that it's not nice to tease the animals?"

"Who's teasing?"

Jack shuddered at the whispered promise against his earlobe. He allowed Daniel to take his hand and lead him to the bedroom. The other man stopped so suddenly, however, that he ran into him. "Danny?"

When Daniel turned to face him, bright eyes greeted him and then returned to the nightstand by the bed. A whitish film of dust covered Daniel's personal belongings, arranged just as he had left them that fateful morning.

Jack squeezed his lover's fingers. "You might've been dead, but you weren't gone. As long as you were around I hoped--" His voice wavered and he looked away, clearing his throat.

Releasing Jack's hand, Daniel stepped toward the dusty items. "That I'd come back and claim them." He picked up a book he'd been reading and blew the dust from the cover, prompting a sneeze. Smiling, he looked at Jack. "I guess I'll have to start this over. I seem to have forgotten what I've read so far."

A bark of laughter surprised Jack as it broke free, and he wiped at his eyes.

Daniel threw a dusty box of tissues at him. "We need to get you tested for allergies. Your eyes are watering."

"Well, if you didn't have to have everything so damn clean…"

And just like that, Jack and Daniel settled back into the world where each was the other's everything.

 

 

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author XFreak.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.