Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
486
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
969

Memos

Summary:

Rating: PG
Fandom: Stargate SG-1
Pairing: Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson
Category: Drama
Date: February 10, 2001
Series: Nope
Archive: Yes to Fries, JD, Area 52, CKOS, WWOMB. Others, please ask.
Disclaimers: All things Stargate belong to MGM, Showtime, Double Secret Productions (Glassner/Wright), Gekko Film Corp. and probably a few other people I missed. No copyright infringement is intended. This work of fiction is purely for enjoyment and no money is being made from it.
Notes: Thanks to Grey for overall support. As always, any mistakes are completely my own. Feedback and constructive criticism of ALL kinds are welcome.
Summary: Missing scenes from Entity.
Spoiler: Entity The first scene takes place between Sam collapsing to the ground and the life support scene in the infirmary. The second takes place starting during the tag and moves beyond it.
Warnings: m/m

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Memos
by XFreak
x_freak@fastmail.fm  

Jack paced back and forth restlessly, barely sustained anger just itching to find an outlet. He needed something tangible, something he could take action against, not some cowardly computer program hiding itself away in a friend. A soft knock on the door of his newly appointed quarantine quarters gave him just such an outlet.

"What!"

The door cracked open a bit and a bespectacled head poked inside. "Jack?"

"What, Daniel?"

Daniel moved fully into the room and shut the door. Turning to face Jack, he crossed his arms over his chest, tucking his hands under his armpits. "Are you okay?"

"Peachy."

"Ah-huh."

Jack threw himself down on his bunk and covered his face with his hands, propping his elbows on his knees.

"You did what had to be done. It's not your fault."

"I zapped Carter twice with the Zat gun."

"No, you shot the entity twice. You would never shoot Sam."

Finally looking up, Jack propped his chin on a closed fist. "What are you doing here?"

"Didn't you get the memo? Scientists routinely check up on their teammates when they act like they're about to lose it. Routine procedure."

"I'm going to have to see Cunningham in Administration. I am not getting my memos."

Daniel glanced away and then back nervously. "I just.... Before we...." He made a sweeping gesture indicating the two of them. "I know that you and Sam almost-- "

Shooting up off the bed, Jack jabbed a finger in the air to make his point. "Carter and I did not. Almost. Got it?"

"Right. I must've missed the memo."

"Must have." Stepping closer as he slid his hands into his pockets, Jack lowered his voice to a gentle cadence. "Now, quit coddling the crazy colonel and go find a way to fix her-- it. Just get the damn thing out of her, would ya?"

"I'll do my best." Daniel laid a hand on his lover's shoulder and squeezed, mindful of the surveillance cameras.

Jack pushed the younger man's glasses up his nose by the lenses, trying not to think about the lingering kiss that would have been his if not for prying eyes.

"Jack..."

"I know, I know. Smeared the lenses. Now, that memo I got."

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was shouting for you to hear," Sam weakly said after waking up once again herself in the infirmary.

"We heard." Jack tapped the side of the bed.

A few moments of tense silence passed before General Hammond stepped forward. "Actually, Dr. Jackson heard."

Jack grimaced. "Well I guess it's not such a bad thing having a spare scientist hanging around."

Daniel crinkled his forehead as he looked at Sam. "I definitely missed that memo."

"I guess we're all missing our memos," she replied. "Could you resend it, sir?"

Turning to General Hammond, Jack regretted his words already. "Now, see? Damn scientists have to have everything in writing."

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author XFreak.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.