Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
228
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,064

Twenty-One

Summary:

Rating: G
Fandom: The Sentinel
Pairings: Jim/Blair, Simon/Naomi
Status: New; Complete
Date: June 25, 2000
Archive: Yes
Archive author: Yes
Series/Sequel: No
Disclaimers: The Sentinel, Jim Ellison, Blair Sandburg, Simon Banks, and Naomi Sandburg belong to Pet Fly Productions and Paramount. No copyright infringement is intended. This work of fiction is purely for enjoyment and no money is being made from it.
Notes: This was my response to Alyjude's Summer 2000 Challenge on Senad. The challenge was to write a snippet about the guys 10 years or more into the future. Feedback and constructive criticism of ALL kinds are welcome.
Summary: Twenty-one years into the future.
Warnings: m/m
(221 words)

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Twenty-One
by XFreak
x_freak@fastmail.fm  

 

"Captain Ellison, we're going to be late if you don't get a move on."

Walking out of the bathroom, Jim almost hid the limp from a shattered knee, which confined him to a desk some eleven years earlier. "Here," he said, thrusting his tie at Blair.

Turning up his collar while wrapping the tie around his lover's neck, the younger man mirthfully commented, "I can't believe after fifteen years of living together, Mom is finally going to marry him. Kinda backwards, but that's Mom."

"It's a Sandburg family trait," Jim answered fondly. "Simon is one lucky dog."

Tugging at Jim's tie to get his attention, Blair replied, "So are you."

"Have been for the last twenty or so years, Chief."

"Twenty-one."

"Yeah." Smiling tenderly, he tapped the younger man on the nose.

"There. Where's your cane?"

"I don't need it."

"Are we going to do this again?" Blair asked, sliding his hands into his suit pockets.

"I can walk without it."

"Yeah, until it starts hurting and I get to hear you bitch for the rest of the evening."

"Well, if you're going to nag."

Blair retrieved it and handed it over. On their way out the door, Jim wrapped his arm around his lover's shoulders and said, "Twenty-one years and you're still full of shit."

"I love you, too, Jim."

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author XFreak.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.