Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 5 of Even Chances
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
305
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,119

Needs Must

Summary:

No Man’s Land happens earlier, and stops Jason from looking for his mother.

Work Text:

Needs Must

 

Jason had never really given much thought to his parentage. His father was a deadbeat, and his mother was just dead.

 

Then he found out that while his father was his father, his mother wasn’t his mother. His mother was Sheila Haywood, and she was still alive.

 

Jason had no idea how he was supposed to feel about that. She’d given him up for adoption either because she didn’t think she could take care of him – which, considering that she’d lived in the same neighborhood as he had, was more likely than not – or because she didn’t want him – which Jason tried not to think was true.

 

He didn’t know where she was, but she was out there. Alive. Family, his family, that was alive. Jason didn’t even know if he wanted to meet her, or what he’d say to her if he did meet her, but while he tried to figure that out, he might as well practice those detective skills Bruce was always trying to beat into his head and look for her.

 

If only Babs had been around more often, then the search would have gone faster. Computers really weren’t his thing. Busting heads was.

 

It took him over three months, but he finally found a lead on her. She was a doctor, and was doing charity work over in Europe, how’s about that? He was just getting ready to try and make up his mind about whether or not to contact her when he felt the first tremors.

 

By the time he got out of the Cave, nothing but the Cave was left standing. The earthquake had knocked down Wayne Manor, and from what Jason could see in the fading daylight, most of Gotham City.

 

His mother was doing okay, but Gotham…Gotham needed Batman. And Batman would need his Robin.

 

He wasn’t going anywhere.

Series this work belongs to: