Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
325
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,267

A letter for Jim

Summary:

This is my DUES, as of custom is a little story, would be like an "The End" for the episode TSbyBS.
I thank the help of my dear, irreplaceable(well I expect that the word this correct) , valuable beta Annie.
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SenseXangstRevisited

Work Text:

 


A letter for Jim
by Peter.

Jim entered the loft, tired. Desk work sucked, his place was on the streets, but his leg still hadn't completely healed from Zeller's bullet.

It hurt to admit it, but he really missed his guide.

He looked at the letter in his hand. It was from Blair… in Brazil!

You never fail to amaze me, Chief."

He opened the letter and began to read it.

 

Dear friend, (it said)

How are you?

Forgive me for leaving without saying goodbye.

I found it too painful to say goodbye to you.

Tell Simon, I'm sorry I couldn't accept his offer.

I thought I'd be happy having a home, a job. I forgot for a while that I have too much of Naomi in me. I have her free spirit and gypsy tendencies. At least, now you know where I am.

I didn't tell you at the time but a while back I ran into a friend of mine, a Brazilian anthropologist named Marcos. He told me about new work that was being done with Indians of the Kumayurás tribe.

Sorry, Jim, there's no place for me in Cascade, anymore.

Here, there's a lot of work to do. Life in the forest is great, waking up to birdsong, and falling asleep to the sound of the animals of the night. The language difference is no problem. The Indians be thirsty for knowledge and seem to think I'm the fountain of knowledge. I feel like I'm important here, I'm of some use, I am going to help to preserve their culture.

I need you, Jim, there is a place for you here. You also belong to the forest.

Come on!

Your Guide
Blair

 

 

Jim looked around the loft, the silence was deafening.

A voice distracted him from his thoughts.

"Enqueri, you must be with your guide. The place of a Sentinel is beside his guide, go. You also are a free spirit. Fly to your freedom, Sentinel, go!"

Then...

-"Banks!"

-"Simon, I need to speak with you".

 

End