Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
614
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,314

All in a Name

Summary:

Fandom: DC Universe
Rating/Classification: PG
Parings: Clark/Bruce, Richard, Alfred
Disclaimer: I don't own any right to it. I am just borrowing. Plot is mine though I don't see any excitement in that.^_^
Summary: Richard shares a little secret. Clark is a little pale and Bruce is a little bemused.
Warnings: This is a slash storyline. Meaning male/male relationships. If not your cup of tea then leave and find a strong brew of Java.
Betas: None is needed. I think. Well if you want to...
Authors Notes: Part of "Days Like These" universe, where Clark/Bruce raised young Richard. All opinions are welcome. Really. I ? Bruce & Clark. 603 Words.
Archived: At Scotchsour Nights Livejournal
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BatmanAndSuperman

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

All in a Name
by Sam Emme
samemme@fannish.org

 

"Richard!"

"Dick."

He looked at them both and laughed, "What?"

In the den of the Wayne Manor, Clark leaning on the chair arm and glared while Bruce sat casually on the couch drinking the lemon iced tea Alfred made for Dick’s coming home visit from college. Hiding his smile behind the tall glass, all anyone saw in the room was a left raised eyebrow.

Clark wondered if Bruce did that on purpose.

Dick went on pretending he didn’t see the exchange and paid it no mind, "It isn’t a big deal you know. C’mon, Bruce doesn’t seem that mad and it was a long time ago and I learn to avoid you two when I realize the connection. Maybe I shouldn’t said anything."

Bruce observing the situation and decided on, "It would’ve been best."

Both watched him and he went on sipping.

Clark stood and paced, rubbing the back of his neck which had a nice red color to match his face. "How?"

Dick stopped focusing on Bruce and turned to Clark, "You would call me Dick forgetting that you like calling me Richard."

Bruce out of the corner of his eye saw Clark trying to recalling Dick’s name with this particular event and observe as his face slowly paled as he fell back into the chair he leaned on earlier. He wondered if there was a correlation between Richard’s name and...

He’ll add that to his personal files later.

Once Dick made his point he continued, "Oh Clark, I know it sounds bad but I didn’t understand what it was until I got older."

Bruce thought with all the sun exposure Clark receives daily was the last person he thought could turn white as a sheet.

Apparently not. He’ll add this to the regular lengthy file. The one that could be found and enjoyed by everyone.

At this juncture Alfred choose to enter the room. Carrying more iced tea with the raspberry flavoring that Master Kent enjoys, he was about to place it down when Dick made another announcement.

"Oh Clark, I just heard you and Bruce unlike Alfred who actually saw you two having sex, boy did he put my mind at ease saying things could of been worse for me. I was really grateful to him."

Alfred stopped in mid motion and proceeded to walk back out the door. All eyes were on him.

One word. A very calm flat voice which was an imitation and exchange of another inflection he only listen to when he is downstairs, "Alfred."

Alfred wondered if he was younger if he could’ve run faster out of the room. "Yes Master Bruce." turning around he thought with Bruce looking at him and watching the expression on Clark gave it a fat’s chance.

 

 

Later that evening, Dick was leaving to meet his friends in town and since he couldn’t find Alfred anywhere to tell him his itinerary and thought that idea was a good one since he was not on Alfred’s favorite list at the moment.

Trying for Bruce instead since Clark left earlier in the day on an emergency call so he didn’t expect to see him until tomorrow. Going near the living area of Bruce’s private rooms presumed this is where he went after dinner. No patrol was scheduled until the next night.

Before he knocked, detected a noise inside.

"Dick, could you come back later?"

He wanted to laugh but gently reminded Clark in a sing song voice, "Pops, my name is Richard."

Before he walked away he thought he heard his very proper father curse out words he should of never known.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Sam Emme.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.