Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 6 of Daphne: Sacred Laurel
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,830
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,401

New Caprica

Summary:

Tragedy befalls the refuge for the people of the twelve colonies.

Work Text:

Title: New Caprica

Author: Lopaka Tanu

Disclaimer: I do not claim ownership of Battlestar Galactica.

Characters: Gaeta, Lee, ensemble

Wordcount: 1789

Prompt:

Fandom: Battlestar Galactica

Pairing: Gaeta/Lee

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Language, Violence, Alternate Universe

Summary: Tragedy befalls the refuge for the people of the twelve colonies.

Author's Note: The Occupation Comes.

______________________________________

 

"Vice President Zarek has expressed his desire to join the Quorum delegation this weekend in your place, sir." Pulling out the briefing information, Dualla designated the papers in to two stacks, one if he agreed, one if he didn't. She held no delusions that he would not agree. His wave made her put the disagree stack in the shredder. Baltar never attended political functions.

Not even bothering to look up from his dog pile of whores and blankets, Baltar smoked the cigarette in peace. Sipsy, or was it Ingly, held the ash tray for him. Her dark painted nails reminded him of the punishment of failure to reach the ash tray with his cigarette. But she was his favorite, so he kept the cigarette on course.

"Former President Roslin wishes to address the Quorum about better schooling for the children. This is the third time she has made the request. If you do not respond, sir, she will automatically be granted an audience." Hair in a tight bun, Dualla twisted it one more time each day than the previous day just to keep the pain fresh. It gave her an edge over her emotions. She needed all the tacts she could muster in order to deal with this bastard and not kill him. When he ignored her, she checked it off on her list.

Laura Roslin would get her meeting.

Saving the best for last, she couldn't keep the smirk off her face. "The Inspector General has filed notice of intent for your office, sir, the Quorum voted to allow. We have until this afternoon before the police raid Colonial One." It had been a long time coming, let the bastard deal with this on his own.

"Let them come, there is nothing here to hide." Waving her off, he sucked the last of his cigarette to the nub and put it out. "God, why in the colonies did that bitch Roslin have to pardon him? Sure, it ruined her chances of reelection, but what good does that do me now?" Chucking the chin of another nameless girl, he let her roll over and sleep again. "Does no one listen to me any more?"

Life was ever more painful for him since they had come to new Caprica. At the time he had thought it a grand idea. Then the newness had worn off and people started complaining, refusing to work. Not even the Marines scared them any more. They wanted instant results and no one had any stomach for hardship. "Morons, everyone of them."

"I will be sure to inform them of your opinion, Mr. President." Entering the cabin, Felix took in the squalid environment with an air of disgust. There really was no excuse for this kind of lifestyle. "I've decided to drop in early, just to ensure you didn't do anything before hand. You are notorious for getting out of binds, Gaius."

"Has anyone told you, you sound like a cylon?" Groaning, Gaius pulled a dozing body over his chest to keep the angry gaze from him. For months the other man had been trying unsuccessfully to catch him at something. "What you are doing is harassment, Felix."

"You should never have frakked her, until then, I was perfectly content to let you ruin yourself." Shoving one of the prostitutes from a bench, Felix used a rag to wipe the seat down before taking it. Who knew what kind of diseases the people who slept with Baltar had? "Her marriage would have gotten her off my back, and my husband wouldn't be following that bitch around like a dog after a scent."

"That's quite a vocabulary. You've been spending too much time around those police of yours. I disapprove." Gaius knew that Felix wouldn't let him be. A quick glance to seek his aide said she was gone and would be no help. Not that she ever was. Why had he taken her on? Oh yeah, she was once a good frak. "What's done is done, there is nothing we can do to change that."

"Correction, removing you from office will start to change things." Before Felix could continue on their old tirade, he was interrupted by the sudden appearance of Dualla in the control department.

Slightly pale, Dualla held up a printout. "Galactica and the Fleet, sir. They've detected cylons, an entire armada, and have fled. They've found us." Holding out the printout to Felix, she ignored Gaius' attempts to get out from under his suddenly alert whores. "They left us here!"

Outside the ship, the sounds of ultrasonic engines screamed over head. The sun blotted out quickly and returned as they passed above them.

Felix looked to Gaius in anger as he let the readout drop. Rising from his bench, his fingers itched to draw the weapon. He wanted so badly to kill Gaius right there, he knew the man had something to do with their discovery. While he couldn't prove it, he at least could convict him for landing them on the rock in the first place.

Finally free, Gaius rose to his feet. "Summon my staff!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Less than five minutes later, Felix stood at the corner of Gaius' desk, the people behind him seeming to use him as a shield. They stood united behind Gaius, despite the fact that none of them really counted on him to save them. That was why he chose the corner, he wasn't going to look to anyone but himself for support.

When the hall at the front of the office suddenly flashed brilliantly white, Felix felt a familiar sensation run through him and shivered. He knew what was waiting for him down there. This time, he did not hesitate to draw his weapon. He wasn't disappointed to see that it was an Eight that walked in first.

Catching sight of Felix, Boomer froze on the spot. "It's you."

"Lower the weapon, Gaeta, we mean you no harm." Coming around Boomer, Caprica Six slowly walked in to view. Her hands up where he could see them, she smiled sadly at him. "He said you were here, I didn't believe him."

"Who said I was here?" Switching his aim from Six to Boomer, Felix itched to pull the trigger. The longer they looked at him, the more the familiar sensation increased. Taking a one handed aim directly at Boomer, Felix snarled. "Who said I was here?"

"I did." Smiling wide, Leoben cocked his head to the side as he examined Felix. "Beautiful, god was right in choosing you to work his will through. He has returned you to us once more, Gaeta. There is so much work you have left to accomplish." His smile slipped when Gaius cleared his throat. Turning to the older man, he frowned. "What do you want?"

"A more accurate question, what do you want?" Feeling bold, Gaius stood up and pulled down his suit. He could tell from the way the Six continued to stare at him unwaveringly, that she was his beautiful Natasi. "What do you want?"

"From you, nothing." Walking up to Felix, Leoben reached out a hand and trailed it along the side of his face. "We have everything we came for."

"I won't go back." Eyes misting up, Felix closed his eyes. Moving quickly, he turned the gun on himself. He didn't expect them to let him do it, but he had to try. When the gun was wrenched from his hand, he let it go unresisting.

Leoben clapped a hand upon Felix's shoulder. "Time to go home, Gaeta."

"What of the others?" Felix really meant his family, not the colonists.

"Their fate is in god's hands."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't know." Biting her lip, Sharon kept her fear to herself.

Lee was restrained from going near Sharon by four Marines. Snarling, he lunged against their grip, but was held fast. "What do they want? I swear to the gods, I will tear you apart one circuit at a time until I find out!"

Holding her daughter close to her chest, Sharon refused to look at Lee. She tried to shush her, but Hear was determined to let everyone know she was scared. It wasn't until Helo forced her to meet his gaze that she nodded. "There isn't..." She flinched when Lee screamed at her again. "I can only think of one thing they would want him for."

"What?" His voice was horse from yelling, making it deeper than normal. Lee longed to reach his hands out and strangle her. The moment they had sent a Raptor back and found the cylons had abandoned the colony to fend for itself, Lee had ordered the Pegasus back. For three days they had searched the rapidly evacuating colony to no avail for his husband. He and Gaius were the only ones missing. It wasn't until Dualla had gotten a message through the chaos to Lee he found out what happened. That had led to the current situation.

"Gaeta was their original hope of reproductive technology. If they haven't been able to duplicate Hear with another model, obtaining him to figure out why would be logical." Sharon took comfort in the warmth of her daughter in her arms and Helo holding her close. She couldn't imagine what the others of her kind must have been feeling. Life with Helo and Hear was worth the sacrifice of her own people. "As for why they abandoned the colony, may be he made a deal. It wouldn't be the first time."

"My husband is not a traitor!" Lee's shout caused Hear to scream louder.

Angry now, Sharon handed her daughter over to Helo. She stalked up to Lee to glare in his face. "You don't know everything, Commander! Gaeta made a deal with the Sixes for your life. If he hadn't, you would be dead."

"You're lying." Lee felt a hand on his shoulder and tried to shrug it off. When the grip only strengthened, he turned a murderous expression to the owner and found his father. "Why are you letting her get away with this? She knows where they took him and why. We have to get him back!"

"Commander Adama, Lee." Laura stood off to Adama's side, her own expression grim. "She's telling the truth. The Demeter..."

"Has nothing..." Her words sank in. Thinking back, Lee recalled how Felix had come out of no where and rescued him. Closing his eyes, he sagged in the Marines' hold. "What am I going to tell Lyle?"

"That his daddy loved him very much." Turning away, Sharon let her heart harden against Lee's pained moan. Walking up to Helo, she took back Hear and led him away. There was nothing more she could do for them.

 

 

THE END....................

 

 

Series this work belongs to: