Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of The Little Shi—Cat Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
699
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,267

Spike the Distraction

Summary:

Eric’s trying to do his bills and Spike “helps”. Part 4 of 12

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: The characters of CSI: Miami are the property of CBS Broadcasting Inc and Alliance-Atlantis Communications. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Warning: Male/Male Relationship! Not your thing, then leave!

 

Jodine16: My sister’s history with Spike. This takes place about a week after Spike the Creep.

 

 


 

 

 

Spike the Distraction

 

 

Eric was sipping his cup of coffee as he booted up his computer. Ryan was out running an errand and he was in the office about to start working on his bills of the month.

 

After logging in, Eric waited for his computer to finish loading. He thought back to the conversation he and Ryan had last week about her Ladyship.

 

 


 

Flashback

 

Ryan smiled after Eric told him about what had happened the night before. “That’s a really good thing; it means she’s warming up to you.”

“Warming up to me? Ryan, that cat scared the hell out of me and I never got back to sleep!”

“Eric, she really isn’t that bad, you know,” Ryan said, picking up their breakfast dishes and putting them into the dishwasher.

“You’re only saying that because she worships the ground you walk on,” Eric said.

Ryan laughed. “True, but it could be worse; she could have shredded your clothing in the closest then marked it all. That happened to Aaron when we had been dating. That was the last straw for him.”

“Hopefully it will never have to come to that,” Eric said, glancing suspiciously at the cat of their discussion, who was happily eating her food.

 

End of Flashback

 


 

 

Eric set his coffee down and proceeded to pay for his bills. He was halfway through when he heard something being moved behind his laptop. Pulling the screen down, Eric saw Spike playing with some random papers.

 

“Spike, knock it off, I’m trying to work,” Eric said, carefully picking the feline up. Spike glared at him as she was not too gently dropped onto the floor. “What? I’m trying to work.” Spike shook herself, as if to get the ‘dumb mouse’ germs off. Then she sauntered out of the room.

 

Shaking his head, Eric got back to work. After finishing with the bills, Eric logged onto Neopets.com (you can never be too old to play on that site) and fed his pets and checked his shop before going to the games room to play the Game of the Day. He was playing on level 12 when Spike came back. She jumped up onto the desk and walked in front of Eric, parking her ass on the keyboard.

 

“Arg! Spike!” Eric sat back in frustration as his ship hit a wall. Game Over flashed over the screen then the options of starting a new game or sending his score showed up.

 

Spike ignored his glower of annoyance. The look on her face clearly said, 'Pet me.'

 

“I was playing a game, you little brat.”

 

'I don’t care, pet me.'

 

“What am I, your man-servant?!” Eric exasperated.

 

'That would be about it, now pet me.' Eric scowled but raised his hand and started petting her. When he started scratching the spot on her back just before her tail, Spike start purring, and arched into his fingers.

 

Eric found that he didn’t actually mind petting her. Her fur was really soft. Not as soft as Ryan’s skin, but it was really nice.

 

That was when Eric discovered that Spike had the attention span of a gold fish. She turned and jumped off the desk, leaving the room. Eric shook his head again. 'She thinks she’s all high and mighty, stupid cat,' he thought, turning back to his game.

 

 


 

 

Eric was just folding a shirt when the phone rang. Setting it on the pile on the dryer, Eric left and answered the phone. He sighed when he heard it was one of those surveyor people. 20 minutes later, Eric was finally able to hang up. He came back into the laundry room. He grabbed the pile of clean clothes and paused when he felt a large wet spot on the side of the pile. He leaned forward and sniffed.

 

“SPIKE!!”

 

Oh it was so on, now.

 

 


 

 

Jodine16: Part 4 of 12 in this silly little series.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Jodine16.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.