Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2007-08-08
Words:
6,644
Chapters:
12/12
Comments:
9
Kudos:
22
Bookmarks:
5
Hits:
5,299

Running Empty

Summary:

He woke, everyone is trying to kill him and he has no idea who they are or why.

Chapter 1: Prelude

Notes:

Warning: swearing later, violence and maybe more nice things like that.

Disclaimer: The usual

Chapter Text

Prelude

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sharp, gut wrenching agony shot all around his body, dragging him into awareness. He gasped at the agony racing through him. The pain was so great, he couldn't even think; his mind had totally shut down. His eyes opened in response to a nearby noise his mind was unable to connect to any stimulus. Sights and sounds were imprinted on his brain for future study, but for nowà. for now he just was.

A number of men came into his line of sight, speaking words he couldn't comprehend. They stood around him making incomprehensible conversation for what could have been hours before they roughly hefted him landing him yet again in a state of unconsciousness. He became aware again as they were shoving him into a small space and slammed the lid shut. His new surroundings gave a shudder and started throwing him around until he passed out once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The shock of hitting freezing cold water snapped him awake and suddenly he was drowning. He instinctively struggled, reaching for the surface, for the air his lungs now burned for. Breaking the surface, he was only able the gather one breath before his momentary resurgence of strength failed and he sank back into the cold blackness and lost himself in nothingness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He rose only halfway to awareness again and the distant sensations of being dragged. Nothingness constantly rising and falling, a pressure on his mouth forced in air and a pressure on his chest beat out a regular tattoo. Life was drawn back into the battered body as if reluctantly. Agony overwhelmed him once more and he willingly surrendered himself into blessed unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N - thanks JT for the beta.
Please, please, please give feed back. I'm just a little kid with low self esteem and nobody loves me and... ahh...