Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
464
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
20
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,537

Opponents Adversaries and other Lovers

Summary:

Jethro and Tony work off a little frustration following Brothers in Arms and acknowledge there is definitely something hinky going on. Another prequel to Connections, an upcoming story by BC.

Work Text:

Tony bobbed and weaved around his opponent's blows before moving in to deliver three quick jabs of his own, each one making firm contact with the other's jaw.

"Something on your mind, DiNozzo?" Gibbs asked as circled Tony warily. Seeing an opening he launches his own attack, landing a few well placed blows of his own.

"Maybe I should ask you the same question, Boss?" Tony said, recognizing the anger and frustration that mirrored his own.

Jethro took a moment to glance around the deserted gym. At nearly 5:00am, they were the only ones in the place. "How did dinner with the mother go?"

Tony snorted heavily before changing his tactics and delivering a blow to Gibbs' midsection. "She could teach you a thing or two about interrogations," he admitted. "I'd rather go eight hours with you than thirty minutes with her."

Jethro smiled around the protective mouthpiece. "That's because I know all your secrets," he reminded the younger man.

Tony quickly nodded in acknowledgement before moving to duck Gibbs next attack. "I feel like no matter where I turn I'm being led around by ring in my nose."

Jethro dodged Tony's next blow and turned sharply. "When I give you a ring, it won't be for your nose," he promised.

"You don't need a ring to get me to follow you anywhere. I've followed you to hell and back," Tony reminded him, color deepening on already rosy cheeks. "You learn anything more from Madame Director?"

"She's still keeping mum about her supposed true motivation for pursuing the Frog," Jethro answered, delivering a heavy body blow. "I've tried drawing her out but she still won't reveal what is behind her supposed obsession. I get the feeling she wants me to think it's tied into Paris. Even if I half believed her, my gut is telling me there's a lot more going on than what we are seeing on the surface."

"Too many convenient dead bodies," Tony huffed.

"Way, way too many," Jethro agreed, landing several heavy blows, drawing his opponent in closer. "As Abby says, it's definitely hinky."

Tony allowed himself to be drawn in closer until the two men wind up in a tight clench. Holding each other in mock fierceness, both men breathe heavily, enjoying the all too brief closeness. Even with the thick sparring gloves on, Tony manages to trace the number three along Jethro's back, feeling the corresponding mark on his own.

Jethro pulls away reluctantly a few minutes later, giving Tony a wink and a saucy smile. "Come on, DiNozzo. The day is just getting started. We've got a couple of bitches to put behind bars."

 

-------

Author's Note 2: Yes, you are supposed to have lots of unanswered questions after reading this.