Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
666
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,157

Hostage Situation

Summary:

RATING: FRT/PG-13
CLASSIFICATION: Buffy/Riley, Buffy/Angel, others to be decided later.
SUMMARY: A rogue branch of The Initiative takes Buffy hostage.
SPOILERS: Season 4 BtVS/Season 1 A:tS.
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, I don't own it. Joss Whedon, Kazui Sandollar, The WB, UPN, et. al. most likely do.
FEEDBACK: Please send it offlist and let me know it's feedback; I do rapid delete on my account due to a lot of spam
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I'd normally sit and write this all at once but I don't have the energy right now.
FICATHON ANSWERED: The Tragic Relationship ficathon. My assignment:
Writing for: stars91
Chosen tragic couple: Buffy/Angel
Set in which season of which show?: BtVS s4 but could go AU from some place within that season!
What is the tragedy that befalls (or befell) them? Buffy it taken hostage by an extremist branch of the Initiative.
Is couple still together post-tragedy?: YES!!!
What genre does the challenge want this written in? (does not have to be limited to angsty or dramatic): Some angst, but I'd like a happy ending!
Highest rating wanted: Whatever the author wants!
ADDITIONS
Place: Professor Walsh's psych class
Third person: Riley
Object: A stun gun
Villain: Adam
Submitted through the 'YG deleted' All-About-Cordy mailing list. Please join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AllAboutCordy

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

Hostage Situation
by Ragna
writinggoddess@aol.com


He had to tell her. He knew they shouldn't be together, that it was all wrong and that one, if not both of them, was going to get hurt, but he had to tell her. He had to let her know he loved her and would do anything for her and that...

He just had to tell her.

***

Buffy sat in her dorm room, dazed. She'd only been on a few dates with Riley. As far as she had known, they weren't even really a couple. But then again, her track record...

Scott. Parker. The creepy sorority guy. And...Angel. Yeah, in the men department she didn't do her best work. Of course, even though Angel had turned into a soulless, heartless, bloodsucking fiend, when he was Angel he loved her.

And so now she was four guys down who didn't care, one guy down who loved her, and no viable prospects for the future. Maybe she should just become a lesbian, she thought to herself as she flung herself face forward onto her bed.

***

Angel stalked around the offices. Something was not right. Of course, he lived in the middle of demon infested Los Angeles; nothing was ever really right there.

But that nagging feeling would not rest...

***

The lights went out. There were grumbles and shouts coming from all the other dorms, but Buffy's dorm room was strangely quiet. It wasn't because she was scared; she'd looked at the things that went bump in the night and scared them more then they'd ever scared her.

No, it was quiet because she was waiting, because her Slayer sense was tingling...it was quiet because she was anticipating something big.

***

Riley burst into Professor Walsh's classroom behind the professor. "You need to stop them."

"They're extremists for a reason, Riley," she said quietly. "If I could, I would."

Riley took a good look at his boss and shook his head. It was no use; she was just as backed up against a wall as he was. "Fine. I'll stop them myself."

Walsh grabbed his arm. "Does she know that you know she's the Slayer?"

"No."

"Find her, tell, her and then get her and anyone she thinks will need protection to the labs. These men...they'll kill anyone who gets in their way." She handed him her stun gun, one of the newer models with enough voltage to kill a man. "Get them first. You're my best agent, Finn."

Riley nodded and ran from the classroom to Buffy's dorm.

Professor Walsh sat down at her desk and sighed, closing her eyes for a moment. She only opened them because she heard the door open again.

"Riley-- Wait! Don't!"

And then the room fell silent other then a strangled moan and the sound of footsteps walking out the open door again.

***

"I'm going to Sunnydale," Angel said, grabbing his coat.

"Are you sure you aren't doing this because you want to see Buffy?" Cordelia asked.

"No, I'm--" Angel began, but stopped as Cordelia slammed her hand on the desk and shut her eyes.

"Buffy...strange men...military gear...stun gun..." Her eyes flashed open suddenly. "Get your ass to Sunnydale!"

***

Stevenson Hall was quiet. Students were spilling out, complaining about the sudden power outage, but Riley knew better. They'd made their move earlier then expected.

He thought about calling Forrest or Graham but decided against it. There wasn't time. If he was going to get her out of there he had to do it now.

With the power out he'd have to use the stairs, the same stairs the rogue operatives were using. Unless... An idea hit him so fast he was running around the building before the idea had completely formed.

He prayed the service entrance around the back, with it's stairs leading up to the janitor's closets on each floor was unguarded and empty, or else...

He just didn't want to think of the or else option.


end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.