Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
815
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,081

Then that morning

Summary:

Fandom: AtS post NFA
Characters: Spike/Angel
Genre: slash fluff
Warnings/Ratings: PG13 for nudity and kissing.
Summary: the gorgeous shanmara created a drabble and manip for her day at spring_spangel and it inspired a ficlet from me too.
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SpikeSlash

Work Text:

Then, that morning
by Lilithangel
abchainey@xtra.co.nz
http://www.livejournal.com/users/lilithbint

 

 

 

After the blaze of confusion and joy had faded and he walked out of the alleyway alone he questioned his choice. Second guessed his reasons, but Spike was long gone before he returned.

He didn’t look for Spike because he thought he would have gone to Buffy. Later when he found out that Buffy had no idea Spike was back and alive he imagined somewhere like New York or New Orleans, full of people and life.

He didn’t feel like he had earned the breath that filled his lungs each day, but loneliness finally drove him to Rome only to find no Spike and a Buffy he didn’t recognise anymore. He still dreamed of the battle and mourned the loss of his friends. Could still taste his blood in his mouth and see the blood that streaked Spike’s face in his dreams every night.

So he finally took advantage of the resources he had siphoned away from Wolfram & Hart before taking on the Black Thorn. Searching for any sign of Spike after the alleyway.

The longer it took the more obsessed he became with finding the blond and confessing his feelings. The feelings he knew Spike shared having seen them in those clear blue eyes when they had first stood under the light of the sun together. Those same feelings that had scared him so much that he had just turned around and walked away.

But time was ticking on now and suddenly he wasn’t getting any younger. And he missed Spike’s presence at his side.

A beach house on the coast of Rhode Island was the last place Angel expected to find Spike. Isolated from pretty much everything with hot summers and cold winters it was not where he could imagine the gregarious blond settling.

But confirmation of a William Blood renting and then buying a beach house in Jamestown was backed up by the same William Blood writing advertising for a local firm.

Angel’s agent reported that Mr Blood kept very much to himself but did spend time at a local bar where people said he was an entertaining if slightly odd Englishman with a liking for the weiner speciality of the region.

It took Angel another six months to pluck up the courage to take the trip over to Newport.

He got directions from a helpful garage attendant and left his car at a car park in favour of walking over the dunes to get his head together and work out what he was going to say. Assuming Spike let him say anything.

All thoughts fled his brain however when he stopped outside the house and saw the slender naked form stretched out asleep in the window. Skin glowing with the sun he so obviously enjoyed lying under body still firm but no longer starvation thin. Angel’s long ignored cock stirred at the sight and he began to regret his decision to find Spike.

Why would Spike be glad to see him when he had walked away again, turned his back on what should have been a shared moment of triumph? Why would Spike care that Angel finally found him?

Then those eyes opened and the sleep fogged gaze settled on him. Resignation turned to confusion and then that same joy he remembered from the alley was there.

The window was thrown open and an achingly familiar voice called him over.

"If you’re real you can get your arse over here," Spike said, "took you bloody long enough."

Angel walked the last few steps to the house to be grabbed and pulled close pressed against naked sun warmed skin.

"Was afraid you would never come and could never do this," Spike said lightly brushing his lips across Angel’s.

Angel pulled back in surprise and brought his hand up to his lips. "I thought… it doesn’t matter what I thought," he said reaching for Spike before the blond thought he didn’t want the kiss.

This kiss wasn’t light as both tried to say everything they hadn’t said before. With lips, tongue and teeth voices only moans they told each other how much they were missed and loved.

Unaccustomed warmth in hands and mouths where before there had only been cold hardened their arousal and swept away history to grant them a clean slate.

Angel’s heavy coat was dropped on the sand and then he was tugged through the large windows to join Spike kneeling on the window seat.

"Need to tell you," Spike said, "told myself I would if I ever saw you again. Love you." He kissed Angel again.

"Love you too." Angel managed. "Didn’t listen to myself for a long time, but I need you."

"You got me," Spike replied tugging Angel’s shirt free.

"It’s not eternity anymore but can I stay forever?" Angel asked.

Spike’s hands stilled and he looked Angel deep in the eyes. "For as long as we have and beyond."

This kiss was gentle and warm and went on the same till the day they both died.

 

 

END