Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,005
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
881

Send Me An Angel

Summary:

Blair is in crisis

Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SenseXangstRevisited

Work Text:

 

 

Send Me An Angel
By Real Life.

 

Blair came home from a day of hell. Hell, that was a funny. He's had the worst last couple of months of his life and it was slowly passing him by. He felt discarded, unusable after the dissertation fiasco. He felt so tired of all that's happened and yet, he didn't know when it would end.

He thought about leaving at times but remembered the promise he made to Jim. How can Jim hold him to it when he knew how miserable he has been? Or did he? Blair sighed as he put his back pack on the floor by the door and hung up his jacket. He moved like an old man these days. He barely had enough energy to get up, but he knew he had to finish is courses since he was let go from his TA position.

He felt so over whelmed, he felt his eyes start to mist over. He walked to the kitchen to see if he had any tea, and of course, he did not. Ok, this was not his day, hell any day right now is not his day. He slowly drug himself into his room and saw a few boxes he had started to pack and the boxes from his now empty office. He sighed and turned away from the room. He couldn't think about that now.

He turned to the stereo to break the silence that was deafening. Nothing came on that could settle him, so he looked through the CD's at hand, Real Life caught his eye. He stuck it in and let it run. He went to the bathroom and did his thing, washing his hands he trudged on out. He stepped into the kitchen and heard the next song come on.

The music seemed to call to him and he stood listening, drawing him in….. The light voiced angels in the back ground over the lulling song…

ah ah ah ah ah ah ah…
Send me an Angel, Send me an Angel, Right now Right now
ah ah ah ah ah ah…
Send me an Angel, Send me an Angel, Right now Right now

Do you believe in heaven above do you believe in love.
Don't tell a lie don't be false or untrue it all comes back to you.

Open fire on my burning heart I've never been lucky in love.
My defenses are down a kiss or a frown, I can't survive on my own.

If a girl walks in and carves her name in my heart I'll turn and run away.
Everyday we've all been led astray it's hard to be lucky in love.

It gets in your eyes it's making you cry
Don't know what to do, don't know what to do.
You're looking for love calling heaven above.

Blair leaned down on the counter as the tears slid down his cheek. He felt so lost and there was nobody to help put him back together. Who would want to help a fraud? He covered his face in his palms listening…

Send me an Angel, Send me an Angel, Right now Right now
Send me an Angel, Send me an Angel, Right now Right now

Empty dreams can only disappoint in a room behind your smile.
But don't give up, don't give up, you can be lucky in love.

It gets in your eyes, it's making you cry
Don't know what to do, don't know what to do
You're looking for love calling heaven above.

Blair started sobbing, big heart wrenching sobs. His world was crashing in and he felt so helpless. Oh god, if he could only get a real angel. One that would take him under his wing and fix everything. Make everything right, before he met Jim. No, that's not right, before the damn dissertation. He would never wish he had never met Jim. Because that would have been a lie, he couldn't lie about that, he was his life.

Send me an Angel, Send me an Angel, Right now Right now
Send me an Angel, Send me an Angel, Right now Right now

He never heard the front door and he never felt the arms go around him. He was drawn into a cocoon of warmth that felt like a security blanket, a little cloud of heaven. He continued to cry letting all his anxiety out, his pain and silent torment. He felt the solid warm and hushes of the angel before him holding him secure, never letting go.

Send me an Angel, Send me an Angel, Right now Right now
Send me an Angel, Send me an Angel, Right now Right now

He felt like he was floating and it felt good but he didn't care. He didn't care about anything at all and just wanted it to all end. He was so tired, he wanted to sleep for ever and never wake up.

He realized the song had ended and looked to see who had made him feel so secure and safe in his own little heaven. He looked up into the deepest of blue eyes he had ever seen, the teary eyes of his best friend, his sentinel, Jim.

"Jim..?"

"Blair, oh Jesus Blair, I didn't realize how bad it had gotten. Some Blessed Protector I am." Jim had a hard time forming the words. But he knew they would work it out, somehow. Blair was going say something but Jim silenced him.

"Shhhh. Rest, I am here for you now and I won't let you fall again." He laid Blair's head back on his shoulder and picked up the remote and replayed the song. He always liked this song and knew it had a hand in bringing them back together again. When he pulled up and heard Blair crying, well, that hit home hard. He knew he would not screw this up again; he would make DAMN sure he never let Blair be alone again.

ah ah ah ah ah ah ah…
Send me an Angel, Send me an Angel, Right now Right now