Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 9 of Short Charlie/Colby fics
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
299
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,396

Home Repair

Summary:

Charlie tries to help Colby with plumbing repair.

Work Text:

Home Repair--

“Don’t you want the 5/8ths hex nut?” Charlie said over Colby’s shoulder.

“Nope.” Colby bent awkwardly around the pipes and tightened the nut.

“But I calculated the size. For a non-rounded hexagon, the width across the corners is equal to the width across the flats over the cosign of 30 degrees and—“

“This works fine,” Colby said, trying for a better angle on the pipe.

“But wouldn’t you—“

“Charlie,” Colby snapped. “Just go do something, okay?”

Charlie hung his head and slunk off. Colby felt bad, but he preferred to argue with the antique plumbing in peace. Besides, Charlie would probably get involved in some math and forget Colby was here.

An hour later, Colby set his wrench down with a satisfied grunt. That should hold for now. This old house was tough to maintain and Charlie let small things become big problems. Colby thought affectionately of his absent-minded genius. He needed to go track him down, probably in the garage, and apologize.

A delicious smell made Colby raise his head. Charlie stood there with a plate of cookies and a sheepish expression.

“I made chocolate chip cookies,” Charlie said. “I added more chips since Amita said they needed more, though I thought my previous ratio of chips to dough was ideal.”

“Those smell great,” Colby said. “Sorry for snapping earlier.”

“It’s okay. Dad said I couldn’t be within twenty feet of a wrench anyway after the furnace debacle. I just thought I could help with the right dimensions.”

Colby shrugged. “When you do a lot of home projects, you develop a feel for things.”

“I hate it when people say things like that,” Charlie grumbled. “So-called ‘feel’ can be quantified, measured in a specific way—“

“Charlie,” Colby laughed. “Just shut up and give me a cookie.”

Series this work belongs to: