Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
696
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
21
Hits:
1,158

Done With You

Summary:

RATING: PG/PG-13.
CLASSIFICATION: Cordelia/Angel
SUMMARY: Cordelia needs to tell Angel something important, but nothing goes as planned.
SPOILERS: Takes place after "What's My Line?" but before "Surprise."
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, I don't own it. Joss Whedon, Kazui Sandollar, The WB, UPN, et. al. most likely do.
FEEDBACK: Please send it offlist and let me know it's feedback; I do rapid delete on my account due to a lot of spam.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I have no clue where this came from, but I have to admit I like it.
DEDICATED TO: Rain. As you may have guessed, I'm writing a whole lot of stuff for you that I hope you'll like.
Submitted through the 'YG deleted' All-About-Cordy mailing list. Please join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AllAboutCordy

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

Done With You
by Ragna
writinggoddess@aol.com



As the pain sweeps through,
Makes no sense for you.
Every thrill is gone.
Wasn't too much fun at all
~ from "As The World Falls Down" by David Bowie


It had started off so innocently. It wasn't supposed to be serious. She was only going to make things worse by going there.

But, well, she had to.

Cordelia went to the door and knocked. She knew it was a soft knock, but the three raps on the door reverberated in her ears until she thought she'd go deaf. And then the waiting. Oh, in reality it was only seconds, maybe half a minute, but it seemed like hours to her.

She was going to drop a bombshell on him, one he wasn't going to like in the slightest. He didn't need to be saddled with responsibility from her. And how in the hell did it happen, anyway? He was a vampire. She was human. It never... They never should have done what they did in the first place, but pregnancy had been the last thing on her mind when she went to Angel for comfort that night, drunk out of her mind, scared and lonely.

There wasn't an answer. Cordelia started to turn around. God, how was she going to explain this to Buffy? To Xander? Her parent's wouldn't care; it wasn't like they were around that much anyway, now, so there wasn't much to worry about when it came to their reaction. But Angel was supposed to be Buffy's soul mate, and Xander...he already hated Angel. What would he do?

But she had to tell Angel first, and had to be done with it. The rest would come when it came.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't feel the hand on her shoulder. It wasn't until she was turned around to face Angel that she banished the thoughts. "Angel. I..."

He sniffed the air a bit, looking at her quizzically. "You smell different. Not a new perfume...something else..."

Cordelia shook her head, shook his hand off her shoulder. "I...I have to go," she said.

"Wait."

"Angel..."

"You're pregnant." Cordelia slowly nodded. "Does Xander know?"

Cordelia snapped towards him. "We've never been together."

"What?"

"I've been with one guy. Ever. And that was you. So why...? How? Answer me, Angel. Tell me how you got me pregnant?"

Angel stood there, speechless. "Cordelia, I have no clue what's going on."

"Well, figure it out." She looked at her stomach. "I can't believe this."

"Have you told anyone?"

"No."

"Good."

"Good? It's going to come out, eventually. I can't hide it, you know."

"But we can figure out what to do."

"We? I just came here to tell you."

"Really. And what are your plans?"

"Tell Giles. He's the book guy, he can find an answer."

"And as for the baby?"

"I don't know. I don't even know if it's a human. Angel...how could you do this to me?"

Angel shook his head and pounded a fist at the wall. It went through and left a hole. When he pulled his fist back out, he looked at it. "I didn't do anything that you didn't want."

"So that's what you're going to tell Buffy?"

"I'm not going to tell her anything, not until we figure some things out." He opened the door and gently pushed her inside the apartment. "We're going to talk. And then we'll do something."

Cordelia just nodded. She stood inside the apartment, fear clutching her insides. "I'm going to be sick."

"Sit down," he said. "Calm down."

"Don't tell me to be calm!" Cordelia snapped. "I can't *be* calm! I have so many questions running through my head..." She shook her head. "I...I'm done with you, with this. I have to go."

She headed for the door and ran out into the hallway, blindly running. She didn't care that she'd left Angel all by himself with millions of questions. Right now...

Now was the time to take care of herself. And if it meant ruining everything she held dear, then that's what had to be done.


END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.